Software Support Engineer - Tech Support at Invitae
Invitae is a rapidly growing medical genetics company whose mission is to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve the quality of healthcare for billions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary company executing a novel business model in a highly technical and supervised industry against a backdrop of rapid and ground-breaking technological advancement. Patients are at the center of everything we do, while we continually seek to improve and grow in efficiency and strive to produce consistent and reliable results.
We are building an organization that can continuously innovate at scale. Equally importantly, we’re building a company where we love to work. As a team, we pride ourselves in having a diverse group of individuals who collaborate and work well together so that we can learn and grow from one another. We rely on each other to work with a sense of urgency and with a goal of putting the team above the individual.
As you join team Invitae, you are encouraged to help us grow our culture over time and challenge us when we are not living up to it.
It’s always good to keep in mind that we craft and maintain our culture to serve our mission, and we will adjust it from time to time to optimize the pursuit of that mission.
About The Role
To pursue our shared mission and help Invitae grow, we are looking for a Software Support Engineer. You will coordinate and support Invitae’s core software products, including Archer Analysis, and other products and services as needed
Must possess a background in software infrastructure (e.g. virtual environments, cloud computing, containers, and other solutions related to enterprise-class software hosting) and consistent track record in solving technical issues
What you will do
Take ownership and manage customer issues through to completion, document them according to internal processes.
- Craft and update documentation as needed, assist with security audits and requests for technical information regarding Invitae’s products and services.
- Ensure that each customer has an excellent experience with Invitae’s software products by meeting SLA guidelines, providing excellent communication and being proactive.
- Review, understand, and stay in sync with Invitae’s HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguard the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
What you will need
- Proven experience with enterprise-class software infrastructure and configuration
- Understanding of the software development process, ability to provide feedback to development teams;
- A proven ability to tackle technical issues with little to no supervision
- Proficient in Linux (RedHat preferred), VMware based hypervisors, and AWS
- Preferred experience or familiarity with Docker, Terraform, Salt. Experience with supporting REST API calls, scripting with Python, and the AWS CLI are nice to have. ● Ability to optimally communicate technical concepts to non-technical customers
- Experience with being part of a distributed team and supporting a global customer base.
Who you are
- Self-starter who thrives in a start-up like environment
- Able to coordinate and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities
- You put customers first and enjoy solving their queries and technical issues, providing a superb customer experience.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.