Service Delivery Manager at FIS (Jacksonville, FL)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The team focuses on development of IT Infrastructure projects within FIS. The infrastructure of information technology comprises of hardware systems, operating systems, software, network connections, servers, etc.
What you will be doing:
- Provides leadership for service delivery team including planning, coaching, recruitment, selection, performance development and mentoring.
- Monitors staff performance works with employees to implement goals and document progress.
- Manages resources in a cost-effective, innovative manner including assisting subordinates in effective use of resources and tools.
- Develops and implements department policies and procedures.
- Ensures deadlines and production schedules are met and reallocates workloads as necessary.
- Assesses strengths and development needs of employees and provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development.
- Manages team expenses within budget constraints and provides financial and quantitative information in support of group and company reporting and goals.
- Assists in managing the computing environment to protect the production applications critical to the success of the business.
- Delivers a computer operations environment that meets all service level agreements, e.g., 24/7 availability, response time parameters, etc. and availability targets.
- Assists other IT management team members to establish strategies and priorities for overall IT operations by analyzing and understanding the current and future IT operation needs.
- Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans for information processing operations.
- Ensures all backup and recovery and disaster recovery processes will meet or exceed business requirements.
- Develops and maintains team standards and procedures that support departmental standards and procedures.
- Utilizes variable staffing models, which includes contractor and co-source models, processes/practices.
- Encourages inter-team, inter-department and inter-organizational team work to accomplish goals and objectives.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Requires strong management, organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
- Requires strong business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
- Considerable knowledge of all operations lifecycle phases, e.g., requirements definition, risk management, implementation, deployment, maintenance
- Considerable knowledge of IT production administration and operations activities and controls
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and integrated controls
- Technical knowledge of information technology networks, systems, peripherals and software applications
- Knowledge of all types of testing, e.g., unit, component, integration, system
- Strong knowledge of FIS products and services and business operations
- Ability to formulate, implement and evaluate plans, programs and procedures applicable to the information processing operations
- Proven ability to function in an environment that requires flexibility, good judgment and sound decision-making, often based on limited information and/or under extreme conditions
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner appropriate to audience including executive levels
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients and public
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.