GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Senior Medical Director in Clinical Development is a leadership role with substantial strategic input. This role will be responsible for defining the strategy and tactics required to support GRAIL’s product pipeline as well as commercial launch and post-marketing commitments, and will be critical in developing new strategic relationships and maintaining strong current relationships with key opinion leaders. The role will be responsible for interacting with cross-functional teams, including clinical operations, biostatistics, clinical data management.
- Provide leadership in collaboration with other medical directors, regulatory affairs, and other stakeholders in developing the clinical evidence strategy
- Design and collaborate with cross-functional study teams, execute clinical studies to support our clinical evidence strategy
- Collaborate with biostatistics to develop statistical analysis plans and be the primary author of clinical study reports and other study deliverables
- Act as medical monitor for designated studies
- Provide scientific and medical support for publications and presentations, and provide medical input for commercial and promotional activities, as needed
- Work closely with commercial, product marketing, medical affairs, and medical communication teams to develop materials (eg, slide decks) to ensure scientific and medical accuracy as well as cross-functional alignment
- Ensure compliance with evolving company and industry regulations and policies
Your Background Will Include:
- MD required, board certified/eligible in oncology preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in a diagnostics or pharmaceutical Clinical Development setting
- Successful track record of designing and executing clinical studies, particularly registrational and/or clinical utility studies for reimbursement
- Experience in oncology, genomics, diagnostics, cfDNA-based applications, or similar applied medical fields strongly preferred
- Excellent leadership, as well as verbal and written communication skills, and a strong understanding of relevant regulations and a commitment to compliance
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.