Senior IT Specialist - Okta Lead at Samsara (Remote)
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious IT Specialist to help create and support Samsara's cloud-first IT strategy, enabling rapid company growth. A typical day may include new site planning, network bring-up/troubleshooting, managing vendors, evaluating new products, responding to internal requests for support, or developing automation to enable us to work better.
Our technical team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on home automation, modding and racing their cars, building gaming computers, and automotive applications for wireless technologies. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
This is a full time position based remotely.In this role, you will:
- Demonstrated experience in managing SaaS applications such as Okta, Slack, Zoom, and Google Workspace
- Solid understanding of Okta, including app integrations, automating rules etc.
- Configuring and managing cloud-based telephone systems, including call routing, IVR management, system integration with CRM, and end-user handsets/softphones
- Knowledge of Apple products (Macbooks, iphones, etc)
- Software programming or scripting ability
- Performing security audits in all areas of corporate connectivity
- Maintaining an escalated tickets queue and respond to requests in a helpful and timely way
- Documenting IT policies and procedures
- Mentoring new hires as the organization grows quickly
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- College graduate with a technical degree or equivalent hands-on experience (Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- 2-5 years of experience in IT
- Strong spoken and written language skills
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.