ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Preferred Location(s): Remote CA, Remote IL, Remote NY, Remote, TX
The Senior Business Process Consultant, ITOM (CMDB/CSDM) is the functional and process expert of a customer engagement team – consulting with customers and guiding them in the endeavor of transitioning business requirements to configuration requirements of the ServiceNow IT CMDB and CSDM (Common Service Data Model) products – all with the goal of accelerating and driving customer business outcomes.
What you get to do in this role:
- Be the process expert in how to best support IT by using ServiceNow CMDB products using ServiceNow best practices focused on configuration vs. customization
- Driving IT specific process definition, re-engineering, improvement and gap analysis of current/future-state processes during workshops with key customer sponsors and stakeholders
- Lead customers in their efforts to take advantage of the ServiceNow CMDB and CSDM Solution’s standard capabilities in their efforts to improve their IT processes
- Lead customer design workshops focused on ServiceNow CMDB and CSDM functionality and design
- Owning support of key customer process owners/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to obtain business requirements using ServiceNow standard materials and collateral
- Guiding customers in completing required documentation such as business requirement workbooks for functional aspects of the solution
- Drafting more functionality-focused user stories, their acceptance criteria, testing strategy and knowledge transfer while supporting customers in reviewing and approving them
- Guides and advocates for the customer’s needs throughout the engagement
- Support internal unit testing of developed solution during the development stage of the engagement, in partnership with Technical Resources
- Drive customer unit and user-acceptance testing requirements throughout and at key stages of an engagement
- Be a lead member of an overall engagement project team focused on delivering successful and substantive customer outcomes
- Prepare all customer-facing deliverables focused on process
- Juggle multiple and complex projects/initiatives
- Promoting continuous improvement practices for delivery/engagement materials
- Supporting specific sales activities when required
- Providing training and mentoring to other members of the ServiceNow delivery team and partner ecosystem upon request
- Up to 40% travel annually, driven by customer needs and internal meetings
To be successful in this role you have:
- At least five years of consulting experience for complex organizations
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) in an IT Service Delivery / Shared Services environment, while providing thought leadership to IT sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems
- A firm understanding of CMDB and CMDB relationships
- An understanding of Incident/Problem/Change management and how configuration items can enhance those processes
- Familiarity with Application portfolio and Service portfolio concepts
- Proven experience in defining and deploying future-state IT processes and in identifying solutions from a people, process and technology perspective with a focused prowess on implementation of technology
- Solid experience in converting business requirements to configuration requirements by authoring user stories that support Agile Development
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills (proficiency in Visio, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience in providing Knowledge-Centered Service / Support using technologies
- Experience in analyzing and recommending IT strategies based on business priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Proven team player and team builder
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.