Security/EM Field Tech I - San Antonio at H-E-B (San Antonio, TX)
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 420+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B is a leading innovator in technology, and our Digital Technology Partners collaborate to design, construct, implement, and support technology solutions.
As an EM Field Technician I, you'll assess, prioritize, investigate, resolve, and track trouble tickets related to electronic maintenance or electronic security equipment and systems. You'll travel to sites where equipment is located.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... customer service skills?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... willingness to gain technical knowledge and experience?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to be a motivated, self-disciplined team player?
We are looking for:
- 0+ years of experience; related certifications
What is the work?
Troubleshooting / Testing / Repair & Replacement / IT:
- Depending on experience level, may learn or perform some or all the work at this level
- Troubleshoots / repairs / replaces malfunctioning equipment; travels to sites where equipment is located
- Tests functionality of newly installed equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions
- Identifies problems using electronic testing equipment
- Performs project work on new Store installs, hardware refreshes, and new technology implementation, etc.
- Completes appropriate paperwork; maintains records as required
- Receives / assesses / prioritizes / investigates / resolves / tracks trouble tickets related to LAN/WAN equipment, PCs and laptops, point of sale (POS) equipment, voice and data communications, iOS Devices, etc.
- Installs / configures / maintains PCs and desktops, printers, and related peripherals (local and networked)
- Installs / configures / troubleshoots / repairs / replaces POS equipment (e.g., PC, monitor, cash drawer, printer, scanner, scale, credit card and check readers, customer displays, and keyboards)
- Troubleshoots / repairs Cat6 data lines
- Installs / configures / troubleshoots / repairs access points and wireless equipment
- Installs / configures iOS devices
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose, and resolve problems
- Provides user support on network technical issues
- Receives / assesses / prioritizes / investigates / resolves / tracks trouble tickets related to burglary equipment, video surveillance equipment, access control equipment, and voice and data communications equipment
- Installs / configures / maintains burglary hardware, including control panels, network interface hardware, keypads, batteries / charger modules, transformers, relays, contacts, motion detectors, glass break detectors, wireless receivers / transmitters / interfaces; remotely programs alarm panels
- Installs / configures / maintains digital video recorders, video cameras, power supplies, surge protectors, and public view monitors
- Upgrades / programs DVR software
- Installs / configures / maintains access panels, door strikes, badge readers, motion detectors, network interfaces, battery backups, and transformers; remotely programs access panel software
- Troubleshoots / repairs malfunctioning dial tone issues internally up to Telco D-Marc
- Troubleshoots and repairs network interface connections
What is your background?
- 0+ years of experience
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving record to drive company van (No DUIs)
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience (preferred)
- A+ / Network+ certification (preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification in electronics or electrical technology (preferred)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an EM Field Tech I at H-E-B?
- Working knowledge of MS Windows / MS Office
- PC skills
- Customer service skills
- Verbal / written communication skills
- Time management and organization skills; focused attention to detail
- Ability to transport and operate scissor lift
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Drive to and from Stores for service calls
- Travel by car or plane with overnight stays
- Regularly lift 20+ lbs
- Occasionally lift 50+ lbs
- Lift and carry 50 lbs (mandatory)
- Load / unload parts into vans in all weather conditions
- Work underneath checkout counters, in offices, or in all Store locations where electronic equipment is installed
- Work extended hours
- Stay available to rotate on a 7x24 on-call schedule
- Constantly bend, squat down, stand to work in any area, from offices to mechanical rooms
- Occasionally lift and carry 60+ lbs
- Work on ladders and mechanical scissor lifts of various heights