Security Hands-On Author at Pluralsight (Remote)
Remote - USA, Remote - Utah
Join Pluralsight on our mission to democratize technology skills and bring high-quality instruction to thousands of security professionals across the globe! Pluralsight is currently hiring a Security Author to work full-time producing content core to our library. This position will include valuable opportunities to expand your brand and experience through participation in research, conferences, and other engagements, as well as a chance to help educate the next generation of security professionals.
Pluralsight Hands-On Authors are a unique breed of technical professionals applying practical experience to creating and automating realistic hands-on learning environments. As a staff Security Hands-On Author you will be accountable for developing educational content of the highest quality to be published on the Pluralsight platform. This role focuses on building and supporting realistic security operations environments and content.
Hands-on labs responsibilities:
- Conversion of new TTPs and POCs into advanced hands-on training environments with research and SME support.
- Automating robust hands-on environments to create rich, interactive experiences, pushing the boundaries to develop world-class, on-demand hands-on training.
- Engineer content and capabilities that advance content capabilities and provide new and creative features and options to lab authors and customers. Ex. Interactive questions, automated attack-defend, dynamic events.
- Develop and maintain security images.
- Develop and maintain environment templates supporting various generic scenarios.
- Serve as tier 2 support for issues with lab environments.
- Collaborating with peers for cross-role-focused research, projects, and advanced "purple team" capability development
- Working hand-in-hand with security staff authors to support the rapid creation of published lab content.
- Develop automation and security-focused scripting competencies with dedicated training time.
- Pluralsight authors must embrace the mindset of a "lifelong learner" and be capable of learning new techniques, processes, and technologies through continuous and rigorous research and self-directed study. It is expected that the research and self-study efforts are presented in the content you create.
As a staff Security Hand-On Author, it is expected that you will meet the following requirements:
- 2+ years of (technical) security or scripting experience.
- Proficient with at least one of the following scripting languages. (Terraform, Bash, Python, PowerShell)
- Familiarity with Bash and PowerShell.
- Familiarity with Packer and Cloud Image management.
- Understanding of basic technical security controls, defenses, and attacks.
- It is preferable that you can show community involvement in the form of participation in open source projects; membership in community organizations, user groups, etc.; conference/event organization; publication of articles, white papers, books, GitHub.
- It is preferable that you hold one or more industry-recognized security certifications from certifying bodies such as GIAC, CompTIA, and Offensive Security.
- Familiarity with CTFs and other cyber challenge formats.
- Proficiency in scripting languages and automation, including Bash, Powershell, Python, and Terraform