PAR Western Line Contractors, Inc. is a high-voltage construction company with projects underway across Western North America. A subsidiary of Quanta Services, Inc. (NYSE:PWR), PAR West is one of the largest high-voltage union contractor in the U.S. PAR’s employees are the reason for the success of our company. Our reputation attracts the highest quality personnel, people who are committed to producing projects that set a standard for excellence. At PAR West, we take on the most challenging and complex projects we can find and we hire people who thrive on tough work and demanding opportunities.
- Assist crews in the field to ensure workplace hazards are identified and mitigated.
- Perform morning safety briefing covering company-provided content with the ability to assemble relevant content as needed.
- Perform or assist in vehicular incident, near miss, equipment damage and injury investigations.
- Assist in post-injury management.
- Administer safety orientation programs to acquaint employees with site conditions, safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain documentation of the company's safety procedures, incidents, and related events.
- Perform field observations, develop corrective actions from observation findings and track corrective actions to completion.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Promote business activities and operations to minimize impact on sensitive environmental resources.
- Conduct required safety training in support of project needs.
- Complete and file timely safety reports as required.
- Promote business activities and operations to minimize impact to sensitive environmental resources.
- Intervene to stop acts or processes which are unsafe or do not comply with company guidelines.
- Implement preventive measures to ensure unsafe processes are not repeated.
- Ensure all personnel utilize appropriate PPE.
- Attend customer meetings, as necessary.
- Other duties as required
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to clearly communicate in written and oral communications, including presentations.
- Previous experience in Electrical Transmission and Distribution Construction or Inspection is desired but not required.
- Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health desired but not required.
- Previous experience in comprehensive workplace safety and compliance programs.
- Proficient knowledge of state and local statutes and ordinances on utility safety and DOT regulations.
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees and project managers.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and walk throughout the workday.
- Subject to environmental conditions, most activities occur outside.
- Ability to travel with extended overnight stays.
- Self-directed, organized, and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
PAR West provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. No Agencies, please.