Regulatory Compliance Consultant at CNA
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage key compliance functions including consumer complaint economic sanctions and fine/penalty processes.
- Conduct root cause analysis into findings of non-compliance to identify improvement opportunities for preventing future occurrences.
- Lead the company's response to market conduct exams/regulatory reviews and serve as liaison to regulators.
- Lead special projects to strengthen the company's compliance program and mitigate compliance exposures.
- Conduct monitoring of business area compliance controls and collaborate with business management to implement corrective actions.
- Develop compliance metrics and reports for senior management.
Reporting Relationship: Typically Director and above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Solid technical knowledge of corporate regulatory compliance practices with a preference for specific insurance related compliance knowledge.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues.
- Excellent project management organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal presentation verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive and strategic view of business goals and objectives.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems including processing systems and applications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically a minimum of eight years of related work experience.
- Compliance certification preferred.