Operations Site Lead at Starship Technologies (Salt Lake City, UT)
| Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:32 a.m. (CST) on Friday, April 22, 2022
Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots. The robots are designed to deliver food, groceries and packages across college campuses and neighborhoods in minutes. Our delivery robots have completed over 3 million autonomous deliveries to date, traveled 3 million miles, crossed over 17 million roads and met millions of people in cities around the world. Our contribution to the society includes reducing congestion and pollution, zero emissions deliveries, increasing the quality of life for residents, empowering seniors and disabled people and enabling affordable delivery for local businesses. Every day our delivery robots are completing thousands of autonomous deliveries across tens of cities and 5 countries around the world. We’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is an exciting time to join as we grow rapidly around the world!
To continue this mission and enable our further growth, we are now looking for an Operations Site Lead for our robot delivery operations. You will supervise a team of robot operators and oversee our delivery service on campus, acting as the point person onsite for both our internal teams and external partners.
This role calls for an adaptable, motivated individual comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment. Starship is offering a unique, complex service on campus and this role will be a prominent force behind its success, focused on team management, staffing efficiency, and process improvement.
In the role of Operations Site Lead you will:
- Travel up to 20% of your time as part of your regular duties to assist as we expand launching new Universities. You’re flexible in traveling to new locations and adjusting according to business needs.
- Training initially may require travel up to 4 weeks at another location. You are excited about building new businesses, working with ambiguity, and refining processes.
- Manage a small team of 6-8 robot operators working in shifts, driving a high level of performance from a newly trained team
- Staffing the Team - Undertake the hiring, training, and scheduling of our operators to ensure coverage for an uninterrupted service
- Optimize - Improve our delivery performance by identifying inefficiencies and finding creative solutions to cure what ails us
- Operate - Roll up the sleeves and stand in for various team roles, working in shifts on consistent basis
- Liaise - Work with our merchant partners to onboard new locations and fix the pain points between their operations and our own
- Improve - Continuously keep an eye out for how our service can better serve our customers and the community as a whole
- Office management- Taking care for office management and facilities including budgeting for the assigned sites.
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Have 1-2 years of experience in operations or people management, ideally in a retail or restaurant environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Passion for doing new and challenging things
- Capability to manage a high number of tasks concurrently
- Thrive on taking the initiative and unafraid to learn on the go
- Comfort working independently without a direct manager onsite
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to lead a small team
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- BS or BA preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant operations or people management
- Office work
- Speech and hearing ability must be at the level to receive and reply average conversations and exchange of ideas accurately and fast. Visual ability must be ordinary at the necessary level to inspect documents, machinery and systems related to the job. Movement ability to frequent usage of wrists, hands and finger dexterity to movements such as constant typing
- Occasional lifting of items with weight up to 70 lbs
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. Starship Technologies “Starship” has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our US employees, and those traveling to the US for Starship related work purposes, from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Starship.
If you think you’re a great fit for this exciting role, please apply today!
Check out our website to find out more about us:
More Information on Starship Technologies
Starship Technologies operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA, Flagstaff, AZ, Tempe, AZ, Irvine, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Modesto, CA, Mountain View , CA, Statesboro, GA, West Lafayette, IN, Bridgewater, MA, University, MS, Bowling Green, OH, Corvallis, OR, Houston, TX, Richardson, TX, Fairfax, VA, Harrisonburg, VA and Madison, WI. Starship Technologies was founded in 2014. It has 393 total employees. To see all jobs at Starship Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description