At Meraki, we are making IT easier, faster, and smarter by building technology that simply works! Our team is passionate about innovation and delighting customers which has enabled us to grow more than 100% year over year. Headquartered in San Francisco, our diverse and inclusive team has a growing international footprint with 6 offices across the world.
Meraki Support embraces Hybrid-Work! The Network Support Engineer role offers flexibility to your working preferences with 3 worker classifications:
1 - Traditional: Your own permanent desk and at least 3 days enjoying the office environment.
2 - Mobile: Hot desk by availability and 1/2 days in the office per week
3 - Remote: Working from home full time (available to those with at least 2+ years demonstrated working experience in a similar role)
As a Network Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing quality technical support for our growing client and partner base. You will diagnose problems and troubleshoot the entire Meraki product line, including our wireless access points, security appliances, and switches. Our support engineers are foremost problem-solvers passionate about networking, and we seek enthusiastic and tech-savvy individuals to join the team. Our customer-facing role will expose you to a diverse group of teams, providing endless opportunities for career growth in a fun, challenging and fast-paced environment. We're looking for people who take pride in doing excellent work, and can both teach and learn from those around them.Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with third parties such as partners and customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquiries, both orally and in writing.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by Cisco Meraki customers and partners.
- Own each customer case from initial creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues on customers' devices.
- Read and analyze packet captures using Wireshark.
- Work with engineering and management to diagnose and resolve critical, escalated issues.
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
- Stay up to date on Meraki features and technology by attending lunch and learns, participating in engineering and product team communication, and keeping up with enterprise and cloud networking trends.
- Fundamental understanding of and hands-on experience with network technologies including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLANs, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
- Thorough comprehension of fundamental networking protocols including TCP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, etc.
- Experience supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, WLANs, VPNs, NAT devices, &/or DHCP servers.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting WiFi networks
- Outstanding English language written and verbal communication skills and comprehension.
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate matters to third parties.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Experience in computer networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to multitask and find solutions during complex situations
- Networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, etc.
Must be authorised to work in Poland, position does not offer sponsorship.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in the U.S., unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.