Managing Consultant - Power & Renewables at Verisk (Remote)
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforceJob Description
The successful candidate will play a key role in our growing EMEARC Power & Renewables consulting practice by leading the management and delivery of a variety of strategic/commercial consulting projects. You will be on the leading edge of industry events, working with world class clients and talent.
As a Managing Consulting, you are a front line leader. The role requires a high level of creative thinking and problem solving ability combined with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. The candidate will frequently engage with and work alongside senior client teams as they engage with our EMEARC and global customers.
As a Managing Consulting at Wood Mackenzie you will lead the successful delivery of consulting projects:
- Understanding the global and regional energy market dynamics, being able to effectively discuss recent events and implications with clients and colleagues
- Structuring overall engagement objectives in line with the client’s issues and needs
- Developing an effective work plan and organizing proper resources for the projects
- Providing clear, focused support and expertise to your team in structuring and solving problems
- Managing the workload while coaching team members to ensure a successful delivery
- Communicating recommendations and sensitive messages to senior level client audience
- Researching the client organization and industry, conducting interviews and facilitating workshops with client employees, management teams and other stakeholders
- Identifying business development of follow-on work opportunities
- Executing new project scoping, lead discussions and work proposal drafting
- Training, coaching and mentoring junior consultants
- Generating innovative ideas and approaches to industry issues and participating in new offering development
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering or finance; master's and/or MBA preferred
- Previous experience (5+ years) at a consulting firm, IPP, development company, infrastructure fund, bank, or other such analytical role at a renowned company in the power & renewables industry
- Demonstrated broad industry knowledge combined with sharp business acumen power & renewables and energy transition issues
- Experience with power market modeling, market profiling, market and commercial due diligence, risk identification and mitigation and high level technology assessments
- Strong leadership skills to motivate your team and drive change in your client’s environment
- Distinctive entrepreneurial mind set
- Previous international work experience is a plus
- Exposure to corporate strategy projects a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice