Starburst is the fastest, most efficient analytics engine for a data warehouse, data lake, or data mesh. Our software provides fast and easy access to data, no matter where it lives, with a best-in-class MPP SQL engine that shortens the path to value for data. The Starburst Enterprise Platform leverages the power of the open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL) to query data across any database, making it instantly actionable for data-driven organizations. Our SaaS offering, Starburst Galaxy provides all the benefits of Trino and Starburst in an easy to use, fully-managed enterprise-ready multi-cloud SaaS platform designed by Trino's original creators and experts.
With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $414M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded with customers and revenue from the very beginning. Our customers love us, we operate globally, and we are proud to be named a Best Place to Work . Come join our team of All-Stars!
About the role
We are looking for an IT support engineer to help us take our rapidly growing organization to the next level. To succeed in this role you will need strong communication skills, patience, and a solution-oriented attitude. You'll work with an energized team that values an inclusive culture and your career development.
- Develop and implement processes for hardware distribution/collection and maintenance, maintain asset inventory, and manage relationship with hardware provider
- Develop and implement endpoint management process for workstations
- Assist in development and implementation of IT-security compliance controls
- Lead unification of SaaS solutions under Okta
- Implement access provisioning and deprovisioning processes
- Implement process for IT support ticket management
- Assist Starburst employees in resolving IT issues
- Carry out general support/maintenance of IT systems such as managing distribution lists, configuring accounts and software access, and network management
At Starburst, we're constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in Warsaw, London, Palo Alto and Tel Aviv and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.