IT SPECIALIST at Caterpillar
At Caterpillar, we're working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our team.
The Sales System IS Specialist will provide expertise in computer application development and technical knowledge for the purpose of solving customer business problems and assisting customers in achieving business strategies within Resource Industries - IT, Order Fulfillment and Procurement Division. Products within this portfolio include Order Management and S&OP corporate applications.
This position will build a modern and agile world class order management platform in support of current and future business capabilities leveraging SAP, Salesforce and AWS technologies. The incumbent will contribute to design, development, and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art order management solutions. The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Lead major business case analysis efforts and multi-generational product planning across multiple processes.
- Drive solution delivery across enterprise, diversified departments
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including periodically responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Based on recognized expertise, provides project leadership to process partners, management, vendors, customers, and project teams on the most complex aspect of process development, system integration, and development methods.
- Develops process and application delivery methodologies by investigating, defining, and implementing repeatable solutions
- Provides case management support for highly-escalated business process related issues.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications, computer science, information systems, engineering or related field
- 10 plus years of relevant job-related IT experience
- Eight years or more of experience in designing and developing software applications
- 5 plus years of experience in business processes definition and development
- Demonstrated capability to leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms and object-oriented design.
- Strong passion and hands-on technical experience with the ability to produce proof of concept service designs and/or drive the creation of artifacts by domain architects and implement personas, journey maps, storyboards, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale
Top candidates will also possess these Qualifications
- Experience in multiple business processes or organizations and experience in multiple IT disciplines
- Knowledge and experience in SAP, development platforms, integration, and architecture patterns
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
- Strong accountability, planning/organization, teamwork and customer focus
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K)
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/career
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .