Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for responsible for the infrastructure architecture of systems on premise and in the cloud, creating high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms and third-party systems. The incumbent will review and design for large enterprise level systems, plus identify and determine technologies that will enhance infrastructure, products and services. In addition, the Infrastructure Architect will participate in strategic and tactical planning and design sessions with product management, application management, other discipline architects, and software engineering teams. General direction is received from the Director, Technology Architecture.
What makes you a great fit?
- Accountable for the integration strategy of infrastructure on premise and cloud-based systems that interfaces with digital implementations
- Responsible for setting strategic direction and future roadmaps relating to server and infrastructure buildouts
- Provide expert consultation and strategic direction as well as tactical decisions relating to infrastructure related projects
- Collaborate on Cloud & Digital strategy
- Collaborate on overall Infrastructure, digital, and data architecture
- Establish and maintain enterprise level architecture through the stages of planning, design and execution
- Perform gap analysis of current architecture and implementations against strategic roadmaps
- Lead high level designs and prototyping initiatives
- Assess infrastructure for high availability and business continuity strategy
- Assist management in the development and execution of strategic plans
- Assess and improve current architectures, especially in scaling and performance
- Produce key technical architecture deliverables such as technical requirements, documentation and conceptual technical architecture including Visio Diagrams
- Assist management in establishing and enabling team best practices, policies and procedures
- Ensure all infrastructure systems meet compliance requirements
- Remain current with new technologies
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants to this position must either have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered (proof of vaccination is required), or be willing to submit a negative COVID-19 test result in advance of each visit to an Alliant facility.
Do you see yourself doing this?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related engineering discipline or a minimum of 10 years directly related experience in the design, configuration, and deployment of infrastructure related systems, and you have:
- Extensive knowledge of hardware and software in supporting complex server architectures at the enterprise level
- Excellent in creating technical documentation with design ideas utilizing Microsoft Word and Visio
- Hands on technical knowledge and experience with Virtual Desktop infrastructures, Exchange, Windows Server platforms, SANs, etc. and their impact on overall system performance
- Specific knowledge Symitar Core Banking System, IBM AIX Operating Systems, Network LAN/WAN Topologies, VXRail Hyperconverged Appliances ServiceNow Ticketing System, Windows Applications, Windows Operating Systems, all MS Office Applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to collaborate effectively with vendors, business and technical partners
- Solid diagnostic, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated success working with and across teams
Required advanced technical skills in working with the following protocols and systems:
- Technical skills required:
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Windows Desktop Windows 10
- Windows 2008/2012/2016 Active Directory domains, Microsoft Clustering
- Microsoft SCCM
- VMWare vSphere 6.X
- VMWare Horizon
- Symantec AntiVirus solutions
- SQL 2005/2008/2012/2016
- HP Blade server hardware
- Cisco UCS
- EMC/DELL Hyper Converged Systems.
- SAN technologies – Dell/EMC and NetApp
- Pure Storage