New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Under the direction of West Point Site CPS (Company Production System) Leader, the Human Performance Business Consultant Specialist (HPBCS) will work on driving the reduction of human performance errors in our manufacturing operations and will oversee the tactical reduction in Human Related Deviations for assigned areas in the Vaccine Operations at the plant site.
We are seeking a Growth and Improvement minded Human Performance Business Consultant Specialist that can help drive our Strategic Operating Priorities.
- Invent | Pursue the Most Promising Internal and External Science to Address Significant Unmet Medical Needs
- Execute | Prioritize Resources Behind Our Key Growth Drivers (Oncology, Vaccines, Select Specialty Areas, Animal Health) While Optimizing Our Base Business)
- Adapt | Develop Our People, Culture and Business Model to Evolve with a Dynamic Landscape
- Diverse Talent | We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment with supporting leadership behaviors because having a high-performing, engaged workforce is critical to our ability to deliver innovative solutions to patients and customers around the world
- Values and Standards | Our Steadfast Commitment to Our Values and Standards will Continue to Guide Us as We Take on New Challenges and Will Always be Fundamental to Our Success - They are a Competitive Advantage for Us
- Meet directly with site operations' Teams to execute, influence, lead, and drive culture and mindset change
- Implement human performance implementation and culture change focused on proactive behavior and system improvement | Scope: Integrating and building on existing change activities aligned to site targets | Quality systems include Data Integrity, Deviation and CAPA, Performance Leadership, Human Factors supporting Quality Culture and Human performance
- Execute tactical changes where applicable, focused on Personal execution of projects and effective education through changes of mindsets and thinking | Integrating change in how all aspects of manufacturing and manufacturing support are done | Management and leadership behavior change
- Reduce the occurrence and reoccurrence of Human Related Errors across the organization
- Provide input in developing the change strategy for assigned site areas in prioritized vaccine operations utilizing human factors, quality systems standards and change management
- Execute the direction and support deployment for the agreed strategy that enables improved resilience of assigned site areas to manage change, mitigate risks and achieve performance KPIs
- Build individual and team capability in areas identified by the Lead Human Performance Specialist for focus
- Identify and develop opportunities to reveal the social nature of the high-performance workplace that puts the people and sites first, and share best practices
- Develop assigned site area model to reduce the opportunities for human error and resulting deviations
- Develop behavioral Gemba and integrate into leadership standard work to provide insight into potential human error traps and opportunities to create conditions for success
- Develop training and education material for human performance if required and implement in partnership with Learning Manager and GL&D
- Support human factor and deviation/RCA training to develop sustainable site practitioners
- Support communications delivery and review feedback for improvement opportunities including meaningful KPIs
- Provide expert leadership, execution, facilitation, and knowledge sharing on human factors elements for significant issues, deviations as directed by Director, MMD WP Site Learning and or Lead Human Performance Specialist
- Work closely with the site CPS Team to learn and apply 8 step problem solving methodology and process when applicable
- Bachelor degree or higher, preferably in Engineering, Science, or other related technical field of study from a four-year accredited institution
Experience | Knowledge | Skills
- Work independently and as a Team member with Integrity | Precision | Accomplishment | Motivational Ambition | Respect
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) manufacturing operations
- Three years' of GMP manufacturing in a functional area such as Operations, Quality, Technical Operations, Engineering, Maintenance and/or Supply Chain
- Consultative skills: Influence decision making | Interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to shop floor working teams) | Project management | Solid business acumen | Team building skills | Good listening skills | Results oriented | Effective analytical skills | Process improvement
- Coaching, Teaching, and driving a High-Performance Organization | Coaching and teaching others to think, behave and apply Human performance methods and tools
- Group facilitation and capability build skills
- Enabling and leveraging diverse perspectives, talents, etc. to achieve business outcomes
- Understanding and use of the 8 Step problem solving and DMAIC process
- Training in Lean based on the Toyota Production System (TPS)
- Six Sigma green/black belt certification
- Five years in deviation or quality
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that's devoted to delivering a high-quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: