Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager - Fresh at Thrive Market (Reno, NV)
- Develop and manage the internal quality audit function for the fulfillment center and ensure effectiveness of the corrective and preventive action process within the framework of the FC’s Quality Management System
- Update/Maintain all Fulfillment center Food safety, SOP’s, GMP’s, and Quality Policies, with focus on fresh and frozen products. Stay current with changing regulatory requirements
- Responsible for on-site product risk assessment and risk management plan as it relates to quality and food safety
- Develop and conduct site specific training programs for employees as it relates to food safety and quality programs
- Manage HACCP and SSOP validations and verifications as appropriate
- Serve as site food defense coordinator and ensure effective controls are implemented
- Coordinate inventory management and hold processes for product issues, recalls and withdrawals at the FC and product dispositions with suppliers in support of a zero waste initiative
- Execute programs as related to the Corporate Quality Assurance function
- Manage the receiving supplier Certificate of Analysis program to assure compliance with product specifications
- Work closely with corporate QA to manage and coordinate the QA/Food Safety complaint process, ensuring efficient and timely product inspections at the FC, reporting of findings and completion of product disposition.
- Identify and escalate vendor and product concerns to Corporate QA and Merchandising as appropriate.
- Assisting in Quality Assurance, Food Safety & Vendor Management projects as requested
- Identifying process improvement opportunities, implement efficiencies when needed
- A Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Food Science or related field
- Five (5) years minimum experience in the food industry, with three (3) focused on Quality Assurance and food safety preferably in distribution/fulfillment center
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Strong people skills required, including the ability to relate and positively influence employees & third parties at all organizational levels
- Outstanding problem solving and advanced computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with a strong emphasis in collaboration with all levels of the company, vendors and customers
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products