Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
At Anduril we are developing unmanned aerial systems capable of terminal guidance, long range intelligence collection, precision relative and global navigation, and unsupervised autonomy. The Test Engineering team works across the entire spectrum of products ranging from Lattice Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, cUAS and our other platforms. As a Test Associate, you will support the development and testing of Anduril’s Unmanned Aerial System products. In this position your primary function will be target drone operator and supporting the engineering team onsite.
What You'll Do
- Operate and fly target drones (various quad and fixed wing group 1 and 2 sized; example DJI Phantom 4 and Opterra fixed wing) for test engineering
- Build, assemble and program autonomous flight for drones
- Help our Test Engineers with a variety of operational tasks that enable engineering, such as flight execution, material prep, or supporting test profiles by participating in our demonstrations
- Serve as an extra hand for product installations at our test site as needed
- Help our Site Manager and onsite team maintain the site, including manage the office supplies, cleanliness, inventory management and equipment maintenance
- Travel between test sites depending on testing requirements and team needs
- RC pilot experience on both rotary and fixed wing
- Ability to get and maintain a FAA part 107 certificate
- Familiarity with Pixhawk, PX4 and other flight controllers
- Ability to travel 25-50+% of the time
- Significant knowledge and understanding of National Airspace regulations and operating restrictions
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to own a variety of tasks in an autonomous environment
- Able to work extended hours as required
- Strong customer service mentality
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to lift 50 lbs overhead without support
- GED or higher
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!