Executive Assistant at Basis Technologies
| Chicago, IL
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:27 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, December 1, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Basis Technologies is looking for an Executive Assistant to join our Operations team, supporting three Executives: our EVP of Talent and Development, Chief Financial Officer, and General Manager of Revenue Operations. Basis Technologies' Talent and Development (T&D) team works to make our organization an engaging, inclusive home for our employees to develop their careers and create positive change in the ad tech industry. The Finance team employs our product, Basis, to invoice, reconcile, and recognize revenue—all from one platform. The Revenue Operations teams is a fast growing unit at Basis Technologies that uses data to drive sales and set the course for higher performance and efficiency within its business.
WAYS YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
This position is responsible for providing a superior level of assistance to three busy executives. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and who loves working as part of a team but does not require direct supervision to get the work done. If you are someone who is proactive and able to anticipate what needs to be done before others having to ask, have mastered the game of “Calendar Tetris”, and consider yourself to be a technologically minded individual who thrives on learning new skills and staying on top of the latest tech trends, then we are looking for YOU! You will contribute by:
- Scheduling and preparing agenda for team/staff meetings, including note-taking and tracking action items
- Project managing departmental initiatives and follow-ups as well as tracking project progress and coordinating with stakeholders
- Providing calendar management such as prioritizing task lists and work time across multiple time zones and locations
- Acting as a gatekeeper and provide a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive and staff
- Working closely with the Executive to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities - this ranges from keeping them on time in day-to-day meetings to ensuring preparation time with appropriate staff for upcoming commitments and projects
- Assisting with travel and expense tracking and processing
- Leading and/or assisting with administrative tasks, special projects, producing complex documents, reports, and presentations, collecting, and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties, etc.
- Developing strong working relationships and high communication with all levels of the organization
- Collaborating and forming good rapport with other EAs as well as in-office and remote co-workers
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Executives
- Superior judgment with a strong sense of confidentiality
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritize needs of competing projects and individuals with tact and diplomacy
- Energetic, empathetic, and open-minded with a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently while proactively managing-up when necessary
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Technology/online skills are a huge plus. Please highlight if applicable
- Experience with Concur is a plus
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.