Built In is on a mission to unite technology professionals with their purpose. We do that through the power of content. Today, over one million registered users and 4.5 million technology professionals use our platform every year to learn about innovative companies, new technologies and further their careers.
The caliber of audience we’ve cultivated means that over 1800 companies--from the hottest tech startups to Fortune 500 companies undergoing digital transformation-- trust us to share their employer brand story and fill the technology roles that drive their strategy.
Because we can help employers find hard to recruit talent, our B2B side is thriving. In addition our users are finding great jobs and advancing their careers and knowledge of the tech world with Built In. That means we are rapidly growing our product and technology footprint as we are committed to building the leading SaaS product for employer branding and talent activation.
With venture funding of $30M to date with a $22M Series C raise in 2019, we are poised to help technologists learn, grow and find their dream jobs--in their city, around the country or completely remote. If you are looking for an award-winning culture, have a desire to help people find purposeful work and want to be part of building best-in-class technology, Built In might fulfill your purpose.We’re looking for an Executive Assistant
Built In is seeking a detail-oriented Executive Assistant to support our CEO, Maria Christopoulos Katris. You will be an integral part of ensuring that our CEO has the tools they need to be successful in their day, with a major emphasis on scheduling and execution.
You must be a concise and effective communicator comfortable with interacting with employees across Built In and executives outside of the organization.
You will be a self-starter with high standards and attention to detail, and have an ability to anticipate, identify and communicate opportunities to increase CEO’s effectiveness. You will be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed.How you’ll contribute
- Full calendar management of the CEO: organize all aspects of meetings, resolving scheduling conflicts, and ensuring the availability for events/meetings
- Ensure the CEO is prepared for all meetings by collecting and preparing information for use in discussions and meetings of senior staff and outside individuals.
- Support in preparing and editing correspondence, presentations, reports, and memos as needed.
- Manage travel reservations to include air, hotel, and car.
- Coordinate scheduling and execution of executive leadership and Board meetings and events to ensure they run smoothly.
- Partner with the People Team + Chief of Staff to drive and coordinate complex team and company events
- Build relationships with key partners, both internally and externally, to increase the effectiveness of the CEO.
- Provide occasional assistance to other executives as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in executive support, ideally the c-suite.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters that require the utmost confidentiality
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High attention to detail as well as time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to juggle multiple moving parts and pivot priorities quickly
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with varying personalities
- A hard-working self-starter with a “can do” attitude and desire to help others
- A quick learner that thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Experience supporting a CEO of a high growth company
- Strong project management skills
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a woman CEO and founder, and that more than half of our managers and employees identify as women
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM