End User Computing Support Engineer at Paxful
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is searching for an End User Computing Support Engineer who will be charged with resolving all issues that their Paxful colleagues encounter with their IT systems and software to join our EUC Support Team. This role will educate their colleagues about network security and best practices for computer usage to promote more efficiency. You will be based out of our New York office and report to our EUC Support Manager. This role is part-time and must be located in the Tri-State area.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Install and purchase new software and hardware components
- Assist with network administration tasks and onboarding/offboarding task for new employees
- Manage inventory system
- Understand the Security Policies and perform tasks in accordance to these standards.
- Manage corporate MDM systems that are in place - Jamf/Intune
- Maintain IT-related documentation
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- You're open-minded, ready to learn/grow, have an analytical mindset and able to work independently.
- Find feasible solutions to problems.
- Treat end users with priority and satisfy their computing needs.
- You're proactive and have good communication skills.
- Skills in Macbook/Windows troubleshooting is a must.
- Able to reach out to software/hardware vendors/partners if needed.
- In-depth knowledge of various computer hardware and software technologies
- Some experience in IT support
- Pursuing a degree in computer science or a related field is required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Have worked in an IT firm previously
- Experience in using ticketing systems like JIRA
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.