Electronics Lab Technician at Fluidra North America (San Diego, CA)
Fluidra is seeking a Contract Electronics Lab Technician to join the team at our North American Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA.
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We are a leader in the global pool industry. Our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands; we offer our customers an expansive array of products across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets; and we have strong geographical footprint with operations in over 45 countries. With our merger with Zodiac, we now have over 5,500 employees and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
We are guided by clear values and come to work every day with a simple and direct mission in mind: To create the perfect pool and wellness experience. By staying focused on this mission, we will create value for all our stakeholders–customers, pool owners, investors and employees.
We own a portfolio of some of the industry’s most recognized and trusted brands, including Jandy®, AstralPool®, Polaris®, Cepex®, Zodiac®, CTX Professional® and Gre®.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
While working and participating in a team environment, the Lab Technician is primarily responsible for assisting the design and test engineers with their research and development of gas fired pool heaters, lighting, water chlorination systems, filtration pumps, valves, and controls. They will conduct various qualification tests in a lab environment. In addition to testing, they will also analyze data generated from tests, report results of tests, and advise of the product development implications arising from the results. Organization culture demands employees to be result driven. This position reports to the Engineering Lab and Field-Testing Manager. Additionally, you will:
- Set up and conduct various electronics tests as specified by the Project Engineers and Test Engineers. 40%
- Layout, build, and test electronic circuitry for test rigs, product prototypes, and simulators. 30%
- Analyze data generated from experiments; Report results of experiments; Advise of the product development implications arising from the results. 20%
- Maintain the engineering labs including parts inventory, data acquisition equipment, and various lab grade instruments and their calibration. 10%
WHAT WE SEEK
- 5 + years’ experience as an electronics technician.
- Must be comfortable performing hands-on electrical tasks, such as wiring AC and DC electrical circuits, PCB Assembly, utilizing basic electronics test equipment (e.g. oscilliscopes, multimeters, power supplies).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Innovative, customer service and team oriented.
- Strong shop-math skills, required to perform the necessary calculations to perform engineering tests and conduct inspection of various components preferred
- Experience with Labview or Matlab preferred
Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program is preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
In the pursuit of product excellence, Fluidra takes its corporate values to heart. We implement these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, teamwork, learn and adapt, excellence and Innovation.
For a deeper dive into our corporate culture, click here.