ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
As the Director of Information Technology (IT) you will be responsible for supporting and empowering the organization with best in class technology solutions. At ezCater we believe that great technology internally helps us deliver on our Culture Recipe (link) by ensuring that the business can be insanely helpful, aim higher, and move the needle on what matters. This team is more than just “break-fix”, it is about building it better to enable operational scale and speed throughout the business. This position supports and advises the Director of Security in implementing innovative technologies, equipment, and solutions to improve the company’s operations.
ezCater is an agile, dynamic culture that fosters and encourages cross team collaboration and requires the ability to be flexible and adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements as we are a fast growing company. Successful leaders are those who have experience being in a hands-on technical (player / coach) leadership role.
What you'll do:
- Lead and coach our exceptional IT team of 6 people and mature our IT operations as we grow and mature as a company
- Proactively make our systems smooth, safe, and frictionless (IT Engineering)
- Ensuring the ezCater team is up and running smoothly (Service Desk)
- Lead our Office Management team and remote-hybrid technology so every employee can experience the ezCater culture no matter their geography (Facilities & Hybrid Remote Technology)
This is a great opportunity if you have:
- 5+ years of Technology Leadership
- Managed a team of 10 or more
- Experience achieving and automating Sarbanes–Oxley (SOX) IT General controls
- Demonstrated ability to integrate core software such a GSuite, Slack, Okta, JAMF, etc into smooth frictionless end-user experience
- Great managerial skills overseeing highly technical IT engineers
- Great Agile project management skills
- Managed relationships with external IT service providers & Vendors
- Demonstrated the ability to develop departmental strategies and roadmaps
- Demonstrated leading business critical initiatives in a high growth environment
- Certifications such as ITIL, Six Sigma, Certificated Scrum Leader, PMP are preferred but not a requirement
Starting Salary Range: $146,000-$186,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.