Are you an experienced cybersecurity engineer who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Then this may be the position for you!
We believe learning a new skill, like cybersecurity, should be exciting and engaging — and that starts with the instructor. You'll notice that prior teaching experience isn't a prerequisite to being an Instructor. If you bring knowledge, strong communication, and a positive energy to the classroom, you're going to help students along their transformative path to a successful and rewarding career. We'll provide the training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
Check out the program details here.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 4-5 years of cybersecurity experience (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Background in:
- Networking with packet analysis, wireshark, router and switch configuration
- Systems with Windows and Linux
- Cybersecurity with secure network design and architecture, vulnerability assessment, and cryptograph
- Ethical Hack and Penetration with Kali Linux, Metasploit, or Burp Suite
- Programming and Scripting with Python Program and Bash Scripting
What You Will Do:
- Follow detailed lesson plans that include an active discussion environment and project-based learning
- Provide empathy, support, and encouragement to students as they go through a life-changing experience
- 24-week program (this is a part-time commitment)
- Schedule: M/T/TH or M/W/TH
- Class Times: 5:45 - 10pm (includes office hours and break)
*** Classes are being taught online. ***
- Must have a laptop, camera, at least one additional monitor, microphone / headset, and reliable internet access.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred.
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- Hone your own skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Gain access to thousands of tech professionals around the globe that make up our instructional staff network
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community
Hourly salary only: In Colorado, the anticipated hourly salary for this role is $49.27 - $52.35/hr. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
*You must apply in your FULL LEGAL NAME*
Your full legal name must be the EXACT name and spelling as listed on your government issued ID Card, birth certificate, name change order, adoption decree, naturalization or immigration documentation. Initials are not acceptable unless initials are part of your full legal name.