The Cloud Financial Operations (Finops) Manager is a key leader in the cloud organization focused on optimizing costs, discounts and leveraging cloud adoption programs to deliver increased value from our cloud investments. Responsible for identifying inefficiencies and carrying out the changes to address them. Develop a deep understanding of Blackline's software platforms across all areas and work with engineering and architecture to help understand, plan and manage costs.
Cloud Financial Operations Manager will be the first member of a team of technical cost analysts who will work with our engineering leaders, cloud leaders and architects to identify inefficiencies and opportunities to optimize costs and systems.
- Monitor on our multi-cloud spend and present opportunities for cost savings and healthy cloud adoption
- Build and create dashboards to provide insights on costs by service, customer, or component and identify opportunities for optimization
- Configure and manage our internal facing cloud tooling
- Analysis CUD/RI coverage and assist with procurement
- Meet with engineering leaders once a month to review costs and make recommendations
- Work with our VP of Finance for P&T on cost initiatives and assist with budget alignment
- Assist with the negotiation of Enterprise Agreements with major cloud providers to support our business
- Partner on program manager for cost initiatives and work cross functionally across orgs.
- Support tech governance with ROI analysis and connecting business outcomes to technology solutions
- 5+ years of financial modeling/analysis
- Finops Certified Professional or equivalent
- Experience using Cloud provider cost tools (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Cloud economics, service, and pricing models
- Advanced proficiency in complex Microsoft excel spreadsheets and/or leveraging tools like big query for analysis
- Experience working with Engineering, Cloud, Architect and Financial leaders
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required.