Join VillageMD as a Clinical Pharmacist (Arizona Market - Phoenix - Remote)
Join the frontlines of today’s healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Clinical Pharmacist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how a Clinical Pharmacist helps reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
In this role, you will be responsible for providing patient centered care for the purpose of optimizing medication therapy to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall cost of care, and increase patient and provider satisfaction. The clinical pharmacist performs medication management services in select patients telephonically or via virtual care to identify, resolve, and prevent medication-related problems. As our organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business and model of care.
How You Can Make A Difference
You can expect the following professional challenges:
- Coordinate medication reconciliation across the continuum of care by providing comprehensive reviews, addressing adherence concerns, assisting with patient education and monitoring clinical outcomes to help prevent unnecessary readmissions, lapses in care and adverse drug reactions
- Review medications, allergies, labs, and other pertinent information from the medical record to identify and resolve medication-related problems
- Efficiently assess prescribed medication therapy for unnecessary medications, need for additional medications, ineffective medications, inappropriate doses, adverse drug reactions, and adherence concerns
- Collaborate with prescribers, interdisciplinary care teams, patients and/or caregivers to identify and develop patient-specific disease state therapy goals
- Accurately document all services in EMR and supplemental data platforms in a timely manner
- Communicate professionally and discuss/document clinical recommendations/interventions to prescribers and interdisciplinary care teams
- Follow-up with patients and/or caregivers and appropriately document outcomes
- Provide patient-centered education on chronic disease states including medications used for prevention and treatment
- Provide patient care services through provider-delegated collaborative practice agreements (e.g. refill approvals, therapeutic interchange, disease state management)
- Serve as clinical resource and consultant in all areas of pharmacy and medication management for care management and clinic teams
- Participate in clinical department meetings and forums to improve clinical programs, enhance processes, and share clinical information
- Assist in medication cost management including therapeutic substitution recommendations, high cost medication reviews, and medication usage evaluations
- Utilize health plan formulary information to guide appropriate medication recommendations
- Complete referrals from care management, transitions of care team, and clinic provider teams for high risk patients including review of polypharmacy, high risk medications, high cost medications, medication adherence, and uncontrolled chronic disease states
- Support in improvement of clinic NCQA, HEDIS, and CMS STAR quality measures
- Assist in the development and presentation of educational materials for patients and providers
- Work across clinic teams to improve patient satisfaction, lower cost, and improve quality of care
- Ensure patients have a positive experience by providing a high level of service promptly, professionally, and empathetically
- Provide training, education, and supervision to pharmacy interns as assigned by manager
- Meet productivity and performance expectations set forth by manager
- Obtain additional state licenses to meet needs of our patients as requested by manager
- Perform all other duties as assigned to meet departmental objectives
Skills For Success
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong clinical therapeutic skills and demonstration of knowledge of clinical guidelines
- Ability to work in a team environment and support common goals
- A low ego and humility; ability to gain trust through good communication and follow through
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, anticipate, and solve problems
- Ability to be self-directed and possess excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing and highly matrixed organization
- Attention to detail and ability to concentrate without distraction in a fast-paced environment
Experience to Drive Change
- 2+ years of clinical pharmacy practice experience required
- PharmD from an accredited college of pharmacy required
- Active, unrestricted pharmacy license in Arizona required
- Ability to commute into Phoenix area for business meetings required
- Board certification by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) in pharmacotherapy, ambulatory care, or geriatrics preferred
- Completion of a Pharmacy Postgraduate Residency (PGY-1 and/or PGY-2) preferred
- Experience with Medicare / Medicare Advantage plans preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- This role can be remote based in the United States with up to 15% travel required
- Residence in a major metropolitan area in one of VillageMD's current markets preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.