Client Retirement Plans Analyst II at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Associate Compliance Analyst acts as the primary contact for internal and external clients regarding performance of plan-level audits, plan accounting reports, and completion of related government filings. The incumbent is responsible for daily monitoring of Audit inquiries, client outreach, and completing audit for assigned plan load within the designated turnaround times.
To ensure the best interests of Retirement Plan Services' clients in accordance with plan documents and legal requirements, the Compliance Analyst performs legally required audit functions. In order to provide the highest level of service, the Compliance Analyst must stay current with appropriate legislation and industry trends as well as existing current and potential certification requirements.
What you will be doing:
Prepares and transmits Plan Accounting Report and Standard Audit Package to plan sponsor. May compile all Form 5500-related forms, schedules, sampling and supplemental data (including census data), for both signature-ready and financials-only plans. When applicable, prepares the financial reconciliations required by an outside vendor to complete Form 1041on the behalf of TRP and client. Ensures timely delivery of material to appropriate internal and external parties to meet client and auditor expectations on the delivery of such material.
- Researches and resolves audit issues pertaining to assigned and unassigned plans, arising from both client questions and from internal activities, using available electronic and hardcopy resources
- Prepares and transmits Plan Accounting Report and Standard Audit Package to plan sponsor
- Gathers required documents for annual audits
- Participates in process improvement projects
What you bring:
- College degree, or Associate degree and 2 years related work experience, or High school diploma/equivalent and 3 years related work experience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent organizational skills that include accuracy in report preparation and filing system
- Solid time management skills and ability to work with several deadlines at once
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Technical aptitude for systems/software applications (Access, Excel, etc.)
Added bonus if you have:
- ASPPA RPF
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$43,370-70,690
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.