Zoro offers millions and millions of products - an endless aisle with everything you need to run your business. We offer fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We've grown quickly in a short time and are continuing to do so while aggressively growing our revenue. We are excited to be a part of an award-winning culture - we have been named a Great Place to Work for multiple years in a row, among other local and national accolades. We think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow, and think you will too!
Product Line Expansion for Zoro is a core part of our strategy. We desire to have all products for all business customers so we need to continuously add new products. As a member of the Core categories this role plays a highly strategic role in the future of Zoro. Core Categories are a key contributor to our growth in both sales and category expansion. Categories that are currently considered in our Core group include (but not limited to) Electrical, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Plumbing, PPE/Safety, Janitorial and Cleaning Supplies, Lighting, Heating & Cooling, Ladders & Lifts and Lighting.
Category Manager's success will be defined by unlocking the future portfolio with identification and development of new supplier relationships as well as accelerating the sales of the existing portfolio of products. We expect our Category Managers to be thought leaders, able to think big and create a scalable vision, and be able to solve problems unique to their categories to be successful. The Category Manager is responsible for suppliers and categories but in addition you will be hands-on in general management of your lines and you'll touch many areas within Zoro. As such, you'll need strong internal influence skills to build and maintain relationships and understand many of the inner workings of our business. Being an e-commerce company we have vast amounts of data that you'll need to be able to digest and turn into actionable plans to manage your business. A successful candidate will be able to be an effective communicator, highly influential, have the ability to think big, bias for action, strong business acumen and lead with curiosity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand vertical market segments, what it takes to be successful and evaluate if/how Zoro is able to participate in the segment.
- Demonstrate solid data analytics skills to be able to mine data, understand the drivers of your business, and create appropriate strategies.
- Understand customer needs and be an advocate for them to make sure their experience is excellent when they buy from Zoro.
- Understand how and why customers use certain products including various technologies and brand differences.
- Prospect, contact, and sell the Zoro model to new suppliers to encourage them to come on board.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to achieve a fast launch to market with the highest level of success while managing within operational capabilities and profitability.
- Manage supplier relationships and be able to operationalize suppliers on our platform and drive sales and profitability.
- Drive your business with a high sense of urgency.
- Learn and manage all the sales levers within Zoro to engage the right ones at the right time to achieve the growth we need to achieve.
- Demonstrate ability to repeatedly take on new categories, find opportunities, and contribute meaningfully to Zoro success.
- Demonstrate Zoro Values and contribute to the positive development of the culture within our team.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in a related field is required
- Experience in MRO distribution, online marketplaces, wholesale, and E-Commerce preferred
- Expertise in negotiating contracts and establishing new supplier relationships required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Strong financial acumen and ability to communicate complex deal terms in a clear and compelling manner
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer skills include building presentations, analyzing data, communicating information, and internet search techniques
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture: We share a commitment to our Zoro values - Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us.
As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective. Zoro is dedicated to fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.