Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of over 20 health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employee-owners are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth… You should definitely keep reading.
We’re Looking For An: Associate Copywriter who is passionate about pet parenthood. (Must love dogs and cats!) This copywriter should know how to write exciting, sharp, and conversational copy, have a high-level of persuasive skill, manage and own their deadlines, and have a drive to create massive revenue.
Location: Woodland Hills, CA or Remote
How to Apply:
We need 3 things from you...
- Your resume
- A cover letter explaining why you’re excited about this position
- A 500-word email about a unique dog or a cat parenting tip. Please explain how to do it and why you think we should try it. Write it like you’re explaining it to a friend, in a way that really makes us want to try it TODAY. If we’re convinced, you get an interview. Your application will not be considered if the writing sample is missing. Please send your writing sample to: [email protected]
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Support email list by writing both content and sales emails
- Produce copy for all marketing and educational collateral, including websites, print materials, and more
- Work with team members to create compelling ad copy
- Edit and proofread writing of colleagues
- Write content for brand order pages, upsell pages, and video scripts
- Execute monthly email and text marketing campaign schedules
- Performs other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications (Note: These are preferred and not required. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick ALL of these boxes.):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, major in Journalism, English, Creative Writing,
Screenwriting, Marketing, or Communication
- 1+ years of professional, high-output creative writing experience
- Sales or direct response copywriting experience is preferred
- Intensive research experience using primary sources
- Fast-paced, high-volume writing (over 1,000 words a day)
- Willing to take (and apply) constructive feedback
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Eagerness to learn obsessively about consumer psychology & high-performing copywriting techniques
Our Hiring Practices: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require extra accommodations during the interview process, please reach out to our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected].
Just So You Know: The preceding job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.