VP of SEO & Search at Demand.io (Los Angeles, CA)
About the job
At Demand.io, we connect people who need information with people who want to share information. We’re a product-led SEO company, a media lab and a major ecommerce player rolled into one, and we’re looking to partner with an experienced SEO marketer and strategist to be our in-house lead for all things search
Organic search is core to our strategy. As an ecommerce company, we help shoppers get the information they need to make smart purchasing decisions and get the most for their money. Shoppers search, whether on Google, YouTube, social media, on their devices, via voice assistants or natively on our products, so search and SEO are core drivers of our product and growth strategies.
In this role as VP of Search & SEO, you will develop cohesive SEO strategies designed to improve our search visibility across platforms. You will work across our portfolio, including Knoji (knoji.com), a large website with millions of monthly visitors, hundreds of thousands of pages, a complex site architecture. You’ll work on SimplyCodes (simplycodes.com), an install-oriented browser extension and mobile app, improving visibility in app stores, on social sites, and on search engines. You’ll also work on Favely (favely.com), a B2B marketplace product for creators with a bottoms up marketing strategy. You’ll work with us to wrestle with data challenges presented by user-generated content and how to optimize content for searchers. You’ll help us think through bleeding edge problem spaces, including how web3 trends like blockchains, digital assets, decentralized projects and NFTs will change the SEO landscape and how our products should adapt. If the scale of these challenges don’t daunt you but excite you, Demand.io might be the type of environment for you.
A little about us. We’re a small team of passionate technologists and product leaders working collaboratively to build new, useful services that solve everyday problems for consumers. With 50 employees worldwide and senior leadership working at our headquarters in West LA, our products serve millions and drive over a billion dollars of ecommerce transaction volume annually. We operate as an equity partnership, offering outsize compensation packages through profit-sharing to senior management. We believe strongly in aligned incentives as the vehicle for boosting team performance. See https://demand.io for a picture of who we are.
What you’ll do:
- Be our leading internal voice on search and SEO. You’ll advise and inform our processes around product strategy planning and ideation, product design, growth marketing and community retention, and revenue optimization.
- Your primary mission will be to improve organic search visibility across our network of products, including SimplyCodes, Knoji, Favely and future products.
- Perform competitive analysis, technical site audits, keyword research, to continuously identify trends, surface actionable insights to stakeholders and incorporate them in your overall strategy
- Ensure technical site signals are performant. Run site audits, monitor Google Search Console, optimize sitemaps, develop internal linking policies, improve our signals around site performance, Core Web Vitals and UX.
- Content marketing & link acquisition. Based on our topical ranking goals, build content strategies, build and run a content team, and produce world class content that performs, gaining links, mentions and PR visibility.
- Backlink portfolio optimization. Continuous execution of creative link building campaigns and link acquisition programs. Management of disavow files. Ensure we have a healthy link portfolio over time.
- Information architecture & internal keyword optimization. Partner with our UX and content operations teams to optimize our commerce taxonomy and categorization and tagging systems for discoverability and SEO ranking goals.
- Pan-platform SEO. Develop and execute pan-platform SEO architecture and strategy across Google, YouTube, TIkTok, voice assistants (Alexa, Google Assistant), on device (iOS, Android), and app store / ASO.
- Internationalization & localization. Build SEO strategy and execution plan for international country launches, spanning web, app stores, content marketing and social.
- Internal app linking strategy. Parter with UX and product to manage our overall cross-platform inter-linking strategy (native app, mobile web, desktop web, browser extension, notifications) to ensure content discoverability and seamless user experience.
- Run organic growth experiments. Continuous split testing, CRO, collaborate with performance and social teams, informing search components of strategies.
- Monitor and report on SEO KPIs and performance across technical, on-page, off-page and rankings signals.
- 8+ years in SEO management. In-house experience within a product-led SEO organization is a strong plus.
- Fluency with technical SEO and analytics tools including Botify, Deep Crawl, Screaming Frog, Bright Edge, Google Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush, Ahrefs.
- Content marketing mastery. Ability to build and lead a world class content team and executing complex content strategies spanning multimedia, interactive, and social channels.
- Experience managing large websites (500K+ pages, 10MM+ monthly uniques), optimizing sitemaps, crawl budget, indexing policies, internal linking policies and operations, disavow files, and Core Web Vitals across a high production environment.
- You’re forward thinking in your SEO strategies. Starting with the modern SEO strategy emphasizing branding, core value proposition, UX and conversions, you go further to track emerging trends like voice, AI, community, mobile, location and A/R, considering their impact on SEO and organic search.
- You know how to prioritize and surface actionable insights for internal partners for maximum SEO impact. You’re comfortable integrating with sprints and helping to prioritize backlogs, track issues and QA.
- Strong UX sense. You have experience optimizing landing pages and conducting conversion rate optimization. You’re comfortable working with designers and PMs, lending your SEO expertise to help achieve an excellent product experience.
- You’re ready for a significant new challenge and career growth opportunity, working with highly talented and passionate people in an unstructured, non-hierarchical, dynamic environment with aligned incentives. You’re ready for a seat at the executive table, ready to bring your experience and expertise to bear to help the company at a strategic level.
- You’re also ready to build your career success and financial picture through Demand.io’s equity partnership providing you with a share of our success, to which you’ll be a major contributor.
About the job:
- Base salary: $200K to $275K DOE
- Equity partner program: $25k to $50K profit share in first year (paid monthly), annual increases based on performance
- Stock options: 0.25% to 0.50% initial grant
- Large, open, modern, collaborative office with dedicated creator studio and filming space in development
- Regular team events, free meals daily, free snacks, coffee and drinks
- Comprehensive health (premium PPO, HMO options), dental, vision coverage
- Sponsorship for all ongoing education, courses, books and certifications
- Flexible work schedule. Unlimited PTO.