QuotaPath is looking for an experienced marketing leader to act as our VP of Marketing! You'll lead marketing strategy across the customer lifecycle, from new demand and conversions to customer retention and advocacy. This position will play a key role in driving QuotaPath's self-serve and sales-assisted revenue growth into all our target markets.
With our recent $41M Series B fundraise in April 2022, this is a chance to join a company right at its "hockey stick" inflection. If you're a decisive leader looking for that type of opportunity, this pivotal role is for you. This role sits on the Executive team and reports directly to the CEO. You'll join a strong marketing team that excels at executing, experimenting, branding, and have a 'get it done' mentality. You'll have the backing of the board to immediately implement strategies and projects to continue our growth.
Our name reflects the idea that reaching your goals is all about the journey rather than the destination. As a team, we have a zest for life and a knack for solving problems. We're looking for top performers who lead with empathy, honesty, and curiosity. In return, you'll join a data-driven startup environment built on trust and inclusivity that celebrates success!
What you'll be doing:
- Work with the CEO and have ownership of all marketing initiatives and numbers
- Know them well to both discuss on an analytical basis and communicate their meaning and impact
- Need to be able to do this at a board level competency
- Communicate regularly on the current status and projections of all marketing initiatives and KPIs to all organizational stakeholders
- Have a thoughtful growth mindset vs a "grow at all costs" mindset and cultivate a user base of strong customer advocates
- Proactively identify market opportunities and launch marketing programs to efficiently grow this base
- Develop scalable PLG and CLG (Community Led) strategies for customer acquisition, activation, and retention
- Continually experiment in manners that discover and deliver sustainable growth
- Drive increasing awareness and demand into the QuotaPath experience
- Continue to refine and expand our marketing across all mediums: SEO, SEM, content, partners, email, PR, and social to fuel the customer pipeline
- Understand and regularly describe the competitive landscape in a way that provides competitive intelligence for our go-to-market team
- Work closely with Product on core product needs, product performance growth, and priorities aligned to customer insights and business cases
- Report Board Metrics and goals and be responsible for marketing outcomes
- Communicate marketing strategy, programs, and performance to the executive management team, board, and company as a whole
About you and the role:
- You have experience in building and leading a team
- You have 5-8 years of experience leading a full-service marketing team, particularly in marketing a Product Led Growth/Freemium SaaS company
- You're an innovative, collaborative leader who is relentlessly proactive
- You have attention to detail and a no-project-too-small mentality
- You have a track record of leading product marketing and brand management/marketing initiatives with business impact
- You've worked closely with a product team to build a Go-To-Market strategy for new products and features
- You understand that the old days of MQL and demand generation no longer work for consumers who invest time and care deeply about the products they use
- You know your way around Google Analytics, Google/Facebook/LinkedIn ads, Hubspot, Salesforce, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, and other tools typically in a marketing stack
- You use analytics to make decisions and aren't afraid to guide experimentation across various creatives and channels. You make hypotheses on these experiments and measure the results in real time
- It would be great if you have domain expertise in commissions and the sales tech stack and use the competitive landscape and customer pain points to guide decisions
- You lead with empathy and dive into customer conversations, communities, and collaborate to create better messaging
You will be measured on:
- Inbound opportunity creation
- New user acquisition
- Conversions and retention all the way through the flywheel
- A mix of marketing, sales, and product qualified opportunities
- Creating a great brand and user experience
- Strategic capabilities and direction of the Marketing department
You will be well resourced with:
- A talented and motivated team to help execute the strategies you put in place including a Director of Brand, Director of Demand Gen, and Director of Product Marketing
- A budget to experiment and take some risks
- Founders and teammates who are very open to creative opportunities
About the location
Our team is co-headquartered in Philadelphia and Austin. We have a preference for you to be in Austin or Philadelphia, but just like this role, we're thinking big. Collaboration and teamwork should be able to happen regardless of where your desk is, and we've got the tools to help make that happen.
What's in it for you?
This is a full-time, competitively paid position with generous equity. This role is a part of the executive team and will be included in board level conversations and accountable for quarterly and yearly goals. We're building a company on transparency, collaboration, and trust. We care about the health and well-being of our team members. We pay 100% of employee premiums and offer half-day Fridays year-round. If you are driven by the ability to make a huge impact and want to put your passion for marketing amazing products to use, we'd love to hear from you!
At QuotaPath, we believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We have a "Bring Yourself to Work" Policy, which means we encourage team members to bring their full identities to work. QuotaPath is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company's full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
QuotaPath prioritizes the health and well-being of our employees and the COVID-19 vaccine is the best tool currently available to help control the global pandemic and protect our employees. Therefore, for everyone's safety, as a condition of employment, all employees are required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Candidates who believe they need a medical, religious, personal, or other accommodation from this requirement, must reach out to begin the interactive accommodation process. QuotaPath will follow all applicable federal, state, and local laws concerning vaccine requirements and accommodations.