We are looking for a VP of Communications to lead strategic communications for Pluralsight to help us achieve our mission to advance the world's tech workforce.
Reporting to the CMO and serving as an integral member of the Marketing Leadership team, the Vice President (VP) of Communications will be responsible for the development of our global communication strategy and manage the team that positions Pluralsight as the tech workforce development company.
The VP of Communications will develop a world-class communications plan, program and team, directly managing communications activities that promote, enhance, and protect our brand reputation, earn us top media coverage in key targeted press and manage the Executive Communications of our CEO. This role will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of global public relations, industry analysts relations, and exec speaking opportunities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and our mission.
It is important that the candidate is able to confidently communicate across all mediums and build relationships with team members at all levels-remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism. The candidate deeply understands the levers available to drive market awareness and perception, excels in effectively communicating ideas and initiatives, and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented role.
- Lead the team on global communications strategy, message development, and press relations for the organization
- Be accountable to measurable increases in share of voice and brand awareness with our target audiences
- Frame compelling narratives for Pluralsight content and generate high-quality media coverage with strong message pull-through
- Drive thorough communications plans internally, for use across departments and with executive leadership
- Craft C-level executive communications programs, including thought leadership platforms, content and executive visibility
- Shape the organization's response to current events and important dates associated with our work
- Develop inclusive messaging that resonates across target audiences
- Maintain policies and protocols for supporting the leadership team should proactive or reactive crisis management or issue response be required
- Manage, develop, and empower a strong communications team and work collaboratively with our brand marketing, integrated marketing, regional marketing and product teams
- Build and maintain trusted media relationships and identify opportunities to develop new partnerships (national and regional outlets, as well as other key media)
- Craft press releases, pitches, Q&As and other PR materials
- Serve as liaison with our external media agencies
- Oversee planning and execution of press events
- Possess a data-informed perspective on performance for the Communications team
- Track record of attracting and retaining top talent, motivating the team, delegating effectively as appropriate, and managing performance.
- Run point on CEO appearances and interviews
- Experience in driving the creation and execution of complex communications plans; preferably for B2B SaaS brands
- Rich experience staffing and prepping senior executives, as well as rapid response and issues management communications
- Track-record securing top-tier coverage and strong relationships with media who cover gender equality
- Effective writing skills with ability to craft thoughtful, inclusive communications
- Proven strategist and innovative thinking with the ability to work cross-functionally and build consensus
- Good eye for detail, writing ability, and proofreading skills
- Thrives on new challenges
- Experience managing outside communications and creative service partners
- Strong advocate for equity and inclusion
- Understanding of social media and influencer landscape
- Working knowledge of Slack, Gmail, and Google Drive including Google Docs, Slides
- Experience leading a Communications for a publicly traded company a plus