VIP Sports Marketing Manager at Caesars Sportsbook & Casino (Las Vegas, NV)
As a VIP Sports Marketing Manager, you will lead an energetic team of highly skilled sales professionals working to develop relationships with Caesars VIP guests. Your team’s foremost role will be to act as the primary growth engine for Caesars VIP Sports Marketing through outbound sales telemarketing; converting sales activities into increased sports betting and online gaming frequency along with revenue/profit.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Sports Sales Executives
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for group performance management, including coaching, motivation and development of a team of highly talented sales professionals.
- Use extensive knowledge of sports betting, sports, teams, players and leagues to provide support for direct reports as well as guests as needed.
- Provide regular feedback and coaching as well as annual reviews for direct reports using available HR tools.
- Gather information from sales executives regarding best practices, and keep current on all property and online events, promotions and marketing offers for up-selling and cross-selling opportunities.
- Gather competitive intelligence from the sports betting industry to prepare for guest inquiries, and to position direct reports and the overall company for success.
- Responsible for shift scheduling for the department.
- Coordinate sales programs, activities, and databases with general marketing programs and systems.
- Identify business opportunities and best practices while managing expenses to achieve desired profitability goals.
- Lead an organization with methods and actions that are ethical and in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
- Identify compliance risks and take actions necessary to eliminate or minimize risks.
- Champion within the organization a commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior.
- Create a compliance culture within the organization and foster an environment where employees feel comfortable reporting potential violations or misconduct.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate as well as manage and motivate a sales workforce.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to develop and communicate guest insight findings and recommendations, creating actionable strategies for sales functions.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple initiatives and projects.
- Must possess a minimum of three years of successful Management experience, as well as three or more years of successful experience in direct sales, sales management, or business development background in a related field.
- A minimum of one year in player development, VIP customer service within the casino gaming, sports betting or sports industry preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving, leadership and analytical skills required.
- Must be a proactive change agent.
- Should have track record of success in both taking risks and making prudent business decisions.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- Sales Excellence: Leveraging sales techniques to maximize team’s performance.
- Passion for Service: Internally motivated to graciously serve, delight and build guest loyalty; as well as lead a team of Account Executives to do the same.
- Drive: Harnessing energy and passion to excel.
- Customer/Commercial/Market Awareness: Anticipating and listening to customer needs; looking outside our world.
- Influence: Engaging, leading and motivating a team of Account Executives to succeed.
- Professional Excellence: Applied functional/business knowledge; professionalism, composure, effectiveness.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must have manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment including, but not limited to computers, telephone/headset, etc.
- Must be able to work in moderate to loud noise conditions.
- Must be able to make telephone calls for extended periods (minimum 40+ calls/day).
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondhand smoke.
- Must be able to work for long periods of time, under fluorescent lighting.
- Must be able to work at a desk, for most of the day, in a seated position.
- Must be able to spend most of the day working off computer monitors and operating a keyboard.
- Although most of the position will be spent seated at a desk, there will be occasions where candidate must be able to remain on one’s feet for long periods of time, and/or walk for long distances.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
More on William Hill US…
William Hill US, now part of Caesars Entertainment, currently operates sports betting in 18 US jurisdictions, an industry-leading 13 of which offer online sports betting. The combined companies have operations in The Bahamas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia. William Hill US is the licensed sports betting provider for numerous casinos in Mississippi and New Mexico and is the exclusive risk manager for the Delaware and Rhode Island sports lotteries. The combined companies have numerous league partnerships, including MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL, as well as national media partnerships with CBS Sports and ESPN. Marking a major milestone in American sports history, William Hill US opened the William Hill Sportsbook at Monumental Sports & Entertainment’s Capital One Arena in May 2021, becoming the first ever sports betting venue to open within a US professional sports facility.
William Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union/domestic partnership status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. William Hill complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.