Sr. Director, Corporate Communications at commercetools (Remote)
commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
The Sr. Director of Corporate Communications will lead a team of communications and social media professionals, with responsibility for bringing our company message to the global market through earned, owned, and paid channels.
Reporting to the CMO, the Sr. Director will work closely with peers across the organization, collaborate with executive leadership, and interface with key customers and partners. This person will also lead key strategic initiatives, such as our global PR agency relationships, media strategy, and speakers bureau.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of talented communications professionals
- Build and execute a corporate comms strategy to raise visibility of commercetools within key audiences across the globe
- Develop creative and innovative comms programs across paid, earned, social, and owned channels
- Collaborate with executive leadership and internal/external stakeholders on thought leadership pieces, media interviews, podcasts, and more
- Secure top-tier media and event opportunities for commercetools’ executive spokespeople
- Work with the Field Marketing team on a regional PR execution
- Own all global PR agency relationships, budget, contracts, and deliverables
- Set measurable goals and KPIs for the Corporate Comms department, track and report on results, and manage team budget
What you need to succeed:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing communications, with experience in the technology industry
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop a growing team
- Proven track record of successfully working with top tier media and industry press
- A global mindset, able to adapt communication styles and tactics across a diverse, global company
- Superior writing, editing, and communication skills
- Metrics focused with an ability to set goals and measurable KPIs
- Willingness to travel as needed
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
🙌 Our Benefits: Check them out here
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
For US-based roles
🩺 Well-Being: 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents
🌴 Work-Life Balance: Generous time off for personal time, vacation, parental leave, holidays, well-being, bereavement and volunteering
💰 Prepare For Your Future: 401k with company match
👐 Get Involved: Opportunities to join our Happiness Committee, Engage the Change DEI organization, Culture Committee, fitness challenges, artistic channels, and more!
💪 Our differences make us stronger
We believe that our diversity makes us a stronger team. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to fair hiring practices regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.