Sr. Customer Marketing Manager at Pure Storage
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Senior Customer Marketing Manager will be responsible for ensuring the longevity and success of our customers; developing adoption, retention and cross-sell/up-sell programs. The ideal candidate should have a keen understanding of B2B marketing, with a strong background in problem solving, building marketing campaigns, and delivering successful outcomes (ROI). The candidate should drive education, engagement and lead generation in partnership with sales, leveraging various channels, including digital.
- Work with the Business Units (BUs) and data science to identify key use cases to land with customers to drive product adoption.
- Work with the BUs and/or Integrated Marketing (IM) to develop or tailor content that is relevant to the customer for targeted use cases.
- In close partnership with sales, determine the best route to reach the customer in each segment of the business.
- Define, develop, and execute multi-channel customer marketing demand generation programs that increase feature adoption, expose customers to additional products or use cases, and drive pipeline in existing accounts.
- Work with marketing and sales ops to develop a process for passing qualified customers & marketing intelligence to Sales and SDRs.
- Work with sales leadership to define the role of sales in nurturing, educating and selling into existing customers (and gain agreement on where marketing should lead).
- Make it easier for sales to keep customers educated and informed (leveraging programs such as nurture, FlashCrew Digital, FlashCrew webinars and the customer newsletter).
- Make it easier for sales to identify opportunities within their customer base and arm them with the tools they need to follow up with appropriate messaging.
- Explore the Pure Value Review as a strategic tool for driving new business within existing accounts.
- Leverage intent tools to help uncover new buying centers in the existing customer base.
- Ensure strong collaboration with IM and Theater Programs to ensure customer marketing is a complementary and integrated component of the overall marketing plans.
- Partner with the marketing and sales operations teams to measure effectiveness of campaign activities and return on marketing investment, and adjust campaigns based on performance.
- Organize and lead regular cross-functional status meetings; communicate campaign and program health and facilitate issue mitigation across teams.
- Evaluate research, data, market conditions, and competitive position and implement adjustments as needed.
- Work with the demand center and marketing ops to monitor customer marketing communications and work toward a much more deliberate, targeted communication strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Customer centric mindset.
- High bias for action and execution with a strong drive to achieve.
- Demonstrated ability to have conceived and executed multiple, extremely complex projects.
- Self-motivated and highly tenacious - ability to test, adjust and keep moving forward.
- Able to identify roadblocks and work with leadership to clear them.
- Experience working cross-functionally with field marketing, sales, marketing operations, sales operations, and the business units.
- Strong experience in message optimization, campaign development and orchestration
- Mastery of pipeline management, waterfall metrics and how lead generation impacts the funnel.
- Analytical skills that align with how to think about campaigns and their outcomes.
- Solid writing, presentation and communication skills.
- 10+ years experience in marketing, with a BS in Business or Marketing.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.