Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
We’re hiring an experienced Senior Technical Marketing Manager to build out full programs and processes. In this role, you will support the creation of marketing content that will help customers understand what is possible with Samsara’s Connected Operations Cloud. As our first Technical Marketing Manager, you will lead our cross-functional effort to create delightful education experiences from strategy through execution. In addition to building compelling technical content, you will have the opportunity to set the gold standard of what great product demos look like at Samara–from crafting demo stories that clearly showcase customer value to facilitating the buildout of an environment that powers great demos.
At Samsara, the Product Marketing team helps to shape the product roadmap, enable customer-facing teams, and drive over 100 new hardware and software product launches each year. At our core, we are expert storytellers, partnering closely with product, sales, customer success, and our broader marketing teams to create solution-driven narratives that resonate with our target audiences across industries and geographies. We are a fast growing team and you can expect this role to evolve over time, with opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibility and impact our growth.In this role, you will:
- Identify and resolve education gaps around technical concepts across our entire product portfolio
- Define and produce technical product marketing go-to-market strategy and deliverables including but not limited to technical marketing collateral, demos, sales enablement and training materials, presentations, and marketing campaigns
- Translate detailed and complex technical concepts into clear and compelling narratives for prospects and customers, working closely with marketing, product, and engineering
- Uplevel our demo strategy, crafting demos that inspire customers to see the possibilities with Connected Operations in partnership with PMM, sales, sales engineers, and engineering
- Present technical content in demos and at events including webinars, trade shows, analyst meetings, and more
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in product marketing, solutions engineering, product management, or other roles that demonstrate experience in technical marketing
- Strong technical aptitude to build and maintain knowledge of Samsara’s entire product portfolio
- Superior storytelling and demo skills with an ability to translate technical concepts into simple, intuitive, and concise communication that pinpoints value and key differentiators for customers and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’re comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences (large and small) and are an expert at creating and editing everything from pithy emails to detailed launch plans to researched white-papers and more
- Strong cross-functional leader – you have experience managing multiple complex projects influencing many stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in creating go-to-market strategy with bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in B2B marketing, especially with SaaS messaging and sales enablement
- High sense of urgency and ambitious work ethic to drive business outcomes
- Desire to conduct product, customer, and market research
- A passion for producing creative content
- Experience developing demo environments and setting up maintenance processes
- Analytical chops to understand customer data and measure the effectiveness of marketing programs
We encourage work samples (blogs/articles, videos, projects, whitepapers, etc.) to be submitted along with the application for this role
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.