Senior Social Media Manager - Providence, RI
Matter Communications is an independent and thriving integrated PR, social media, digital marketing, and creative services firm focused on what matters most: our people, our clients and our results. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with B2B and B2C companies at all stages of development and across all industries.
As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained focus on building and nurturing a team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. We work with people we like and can learn from, making our jobs a positive aspect of a balanced life. At Matter, we prioritize employee diversity, equity and inclusion and value everyone’s unique story. We’re proud of the many awards that we’ve garnered as a Top Place to Work and as a Top Agency in the US, but we’re equally as proud of the many organizations that we’ve helped through our agency-wide volunteer initiative. If you’re the kind of professional that takes their work seriously, but also doesn’t take themselves too seriously, this could be the place to grow your career.
We’re currently looking for a dynamic, results-focused Senior Social Media Manager to join our Integrated Marketing team based in our Providence, RI office working with clients across the agency. The Senior Social Media Manager will work closely with the social team and the GM of Strategy & Integrated Marketing and is responsible for leading a social team across content, strategy and paid social strategy.
Here’s the mix of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Act as the senior leader overseeing clients across all sizes and managing teams to provide insight, direction and strategy
- Act as a leader of the digital team to help define the growth plan for the social media group including talent development, processes, and offering development.
- Work collaboratively with integrated marketing teams across the agency to define winning integrated strategies and program execution.
- Oversee social teams to deliver best in class social execution, mentor social team for continued growth and development, and continued learning
- Help drive new business activities working with integrated teams
- Work closely with paid social teams to execute integrated programs in support of business goals
- Researching and recommending new social tools, metrics and strategies as appropriate
- Creating and implementing best practice processes when it comes to social media, content generation, reporting, pitching, auditing, etc
- Raising Matter’s social IQ internally by identifying best practices, tools, case studies and creative campaigns; train teams, conduct professional development sessions/social summits; support new business with social scopes and creating marketing collateral/sell sheets
- Holding company-wide social media trainings
Along with creativity, drive and self-motivation, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- Agency experience with client services history is a must
- 6-10+ years’ experience developing successful, measurable social media programs for multiple clients, both B2B and B2C
- Extensive knowledge and expertise of social media channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, Reddit, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of new and current social media platforms and post formats
- Has a deep understanding of social media metrics, benchmarks, and knows how to analyze social media data to tell a story; can develop insights and recommendations based off social data
- Ability to develop and implement high-impact social content and social advertising through messaging and visuals, as a standalone program and as part of broader integrated campaigns
- Experience leading a team; providing professional development opportunities, handling reviews and providing critical feedback
- Experience working with larger cross-functional marketing teams, implementing integrated campaigns in consumer and B2B
- Track record of delivering results for clients; raising brand awareness, driving demand and creating creative high-impact connections with customers
- A desire to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, team-oriented environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A creative and results-oriented approach to all work that is produced
- Exceptional verbal and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant business experience
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.