Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used in more than 180 countries around the world. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Founded in 2009, our mission is to break down barriers for those trying to achieve their educational and career aspirations. We started with test prep for the GMAT (a test for aspiring MBA students) and we now proudly serve over 50,000 paying customers each year across a product portfolio of more than 10 accessible, effective, and enjoyable online learning products. To date, over 6 million students have studied with Magoosh’s paid and free products. We raised less than $1M in 2011 and achieved profitability in 2012, and we haven’t looked back since. We’re fortunate to have the agility and flexibility of traditional startups, but with the freedom of being self-funded.
In addition to deeply caring about our mission and students, we care about sustainable growth and building a healthy culture. We’ve twice been named the happiest company in education, yet know there’s more we can do. We’re committed to building a diverse workforce, representative of our student base—as well as an inclusive and equitable work environment that supports all teammates. You can read a lot more about us on our company blog.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in people’s lives, we want you to help us break down barriers so that everyone can succeed.
We also firmly believe it's imperative that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our core values here!
About the Job
The Senior Product Marketing Manager role will be the owner of product marketing for Magoosh’s online test prep products. You’ll report to our Director of Marketing, Emma Werner and work closely with our larger marketing team, General Manager, Kristin Fracchia, and Product team (among others), to promote new products and product features to students. You’ll own the pre-purchase product site experience, our email marketing strategy, and our pricing and packaging strategy for our test prep products.
This is a remote role (i.e., work from anywhere in the U.S.)! For those in the SF Bay Area, the salary range is $124,000 - $136,000, depending on experience. *If you are working outside of the SF Bay Area, please see the various location-based salary ranges below. You must be authorized to work and live in the U.S.
In this position, you will…
- Help prioritize where to focus our product marketing efforts across different products and market segments in interest of reaching our annual goals
- Come up with strategies to improve site-to-paid conversion across our suite of test preparation products
- Develop pricing and discounting strategy for our core products
- Own messaging across the Magoosh product sites and optimize product positioning
- Own the email marketing channel for Magoosh
- Optimize our trial plan offerings
- Collaborate with the Product Team and the rest of our Marketing Team on go-to-market campaigns and product feature launches.
- A savvy prioritizer and strategist
- You can balance a big-picture outlook with the nitty-gritty details.
- You can hold knowledge of multiple products and their audiences and you know how to target and prioritize between strategies and tactics for our different markets.
- A deeply analytical and data-driven person
- You have expertise in setting up and performing data analysis for A/B tests, multivariate tests, and others.
- You know how to run quality experiments that get results.
- A pro at go-to-market strategy and pricing and packaging
- You have experience successfully launching or growing online products.
- You have a deep understanding of pricing strategy, buyer psychology, and promotional tactics.
- An empathetic marketer
- You take a user-centric approach to your marketing.
- You have empathy for students who identify as part of underrepresented or marginalized groups and their unique journeys.
- You’re willing to pitch in wherever needed on the marketing team.
- An expert copywriter and communicator
- You can put together landing pages, emails, and CTAs that convert.
Not least, you have a passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field!
Extra credit if you...
- Have advanced knowledge of HTML/CSS and/or SQL.
- Extensive experience with email marketing (e.g. Intercom), A/B testing (e.g. VWO or Optimizely), and product/audience analytics tools (e.g. Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Sisense).
- Experience with user testing and interviewing.
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for considering Magoosh as your next workplace. We welcome feedback around any aspect of this job description that conflicts with our commitment to being an anti-racist and inclusive company. Thank you in advance for your thoughtfulness. Please email us here."
*Location-based salary ranges
- Tier 1: $124,000 - 136,000
- SF Bay Area Metro Area
- NY Tri-State Metro Area
- Seattle-Tacoma Metro Area
- Tier 2: $111,500 - 122,500
- Los Angeles, CA Metro Area
- Boston, MA Metro Area
- Austin, TX Metro Area
- Denver, CO Metro Area
- Portland, OR Metro Area
- Washington D.C Metro Area
- San Diego, CA Metro Area
- Tier 3: $98,500-$109,000
- Most locations