Senior Product Marketing Manager - Austin (Remote) at Fin.com
Fin’s mission is to help teams become better by making digital work visible and fact-based. Using Fin's insights, companies around the world are measuring and improving the way they work in ways never before possible.
By applying a big data approach to knowledge work, Fin helps companies improve workflow definition, provide better training to team members, and understand the technological and behavior variables that impact team performance, productivity and happiness.
Fin was founded by Sam Lessin (former VP Product Facebook) and Andrew Kortina (founder Venmo), and is backed by top-tier VCs like Coatue, First Round Capital, Accel, and Kleiner Perkins. Following strong customer growth in 2020, in 2021 we're accelerating investment in product development, marketing, sales, and all other areas of the business.
At Fin we live our product values, fostering a culture of continuous personal and team improvement. We're looking for candidates that are ready to do the best work of their career while actively contributing to an environment where their colleagues can achieve the same. That means an emotionally safe environment where expectations are clear and measurable, where we are vigilant about protecting your creativity against 'the way things have always been done', and where we embrace modern, asynchronous, management techniques.
Fin has experienced clear indicators of product-market fit as we pursue a multi-billion dollar opportunity. We have rapidly acquired enterprise customers with household names, accelerating revenue growth along the way. We've secured funding from top VCs, and now we need your help to define our position in a huge space as we continue growing.
As one of the first marketing hires at Fin, you will be instrumental in helping define the go-to-market strategy for Fin, and your contributions will directly impact both our business and team. If you're a self starter who loves to build and wants the runway to do so in a large and growing space, you will thrive in this role. You'll join a fast-paced environment and take on significant responsibilities, while collaborating with others who are also here to win together.
As the first product marketing hire, the Senior PMM will have a broad set of responsibilities, starting with understanding Fin’s target audience and market landscape, including establishing market and competitor research programs, conducting win/loss analysis, driving analyst research, and more. This person will work with product teams to define positioning and enable product launches and work with sales and other marketing teams to increase win rates and drive revenue growth. The ideal candidate thrives on translating technology and features into messaging that really resonates with customers and the market, possesses a strong intellectual curiosity to deeply explore the product and business, and leads cross-functionally to roll out effective positioning and messaging both internally and externally.The Ideal Fit
- You excel at positioning and messaging and have a proven track record rolling out compelling and differentiated messaging to enterprise SaaS buyers and the market.
- You have very strong verbal and written communication skills, especially when writing marketing copy (writing and work samples required).
- You can translate technical and feature-heavy concepts into clear, compelling, and succinct messaging that’s tailored to the audience.
- You can understand broader company and functional priorities, identify your own projects, create your own playbook, and adapt as priorities evolve.
- You are skilled at competitor, market, and buyer analysis and can clearly communicate your findings to other teams and executives.
- You like to partner closely with product teams to understand features and capabilities, lead product launches, and provide feedback from the market.
- You seek to collaborate with sales and other marketing teams to lead product launches, drive messaging adoption, and ensure revenue outcomes.
- You possess a deep understanding of enterprise SaaS sales and marketing and how your work impacts go-to-market strategy and revenue outcomes.
- You are proficient at project planning, stakeholder management, and execution in fast-paced environments.
- You expect to measure and evaluate your work, seek feedback, and drive measurable results, while continuously improving towards better outcomes.
- You have 8+ years of professional experience, including at least 3-6 years in product marketing or related fields, and have worked in fast-paced growth environments both at established companies and startups.
- You have experience with and/or a deep understanding of the Contact Center/Process analytics/CRM category.
- You have a technical background and/or deep understanding of software platform businesses.
- You can identify business needs and lead initiatives to support future scale, including identifying investments in people, process, and technology over time.
As the first product marketer at Fin, you will help shape the direction of our go-to-market and product strategy. The ideal candidate will take on significant additional responsibilities as the company and team grows.