Senior Manager Strategic Segment Marketing, Spectrum Enterprise at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
- Are you skilled at developing marketplace and industry analysis to support data-driven go-to-market strategies for telecommunications services?
- Can you develop opportunity sizing, messaging, positioning and infographics targeted at larger multisite U.S. based clients across multiple industries?
- Do you desire an influential role in shaping the strategy and growth of a technology leader?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As the Senior Manager of the Strategic Segment Marketing, you accelerate revenue by developing and supporting our go-to-market (GTM) strategies for fiber internet access, network, managed services and cloud services used by mid to large enterprises. You work in partnership with multiple teams to create compelling product positioning and messaging programs, GTM strategies and industry thought leadership.
You serve as a strategy and subject matter expert on industry-specific market intelligence, including market sizing, opportunity, industry insights and sales motion. You collaborate with sales leadership and training teams to execute integrated sales enablement strategies, product selling and training. You achieve segment market shares and sales goals by partnering with the Demand Generation team to develop and execute end-to-end programmatic sales and marketing programs. You report directly to the Senior Director of the Strategic Segment for goals and guidance.
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Drive revenue by contributing to the annual development of the GTM and business development strategy for the Spectrum Enterprise Strategic segment.
- Align client and prospect targets to account revenue opportunities for larger enterprise midmarket clients with greater than 400 employees.
- Inform product development and positioning, segment value propositions and client incentives using market, industry analyst and competitive research insights.
- Develop targeting and segmentation, buying group personas and route-to-market designs across identified high opportunity and differentiated sub-segments based on firm site counts, industries and geographies.
- Partner with the client marketing demand generation team to nurture existing client relationships and tell great client stories.
- Differentiate Spectrum Enterprise by identifying competition and how to effectively position against it.
- Work with Product Management, Product Marketing, Program Marketing, Demand Generation, Sales Enablement and Sales to support the launches of new products and feature updates.
- Be an active part of the cross-functional programmatic sales and marketing team to drive program initiatives from inception to final reporting.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing teams to translate product messaging and value proposition into Enterprise messaging and positioning that Demand Generation teams can use to create and execute on campaign narratives and copy for integrated digital and outbound lead generation efforts.
- Manage and coordinate with the Demand Generation team to guide the operational design, implementation process and optimization of programs, campaigns, client and prospect event strategy and executive thought leadership opportunities.
- Contribute to the analysis of the sales funnel, actual revenue and the development of monthly and quarterly reviews versus target, forecast and market demand.
- Produce a wide variety of formats by partnering with Creative Production and Demand Generation teams, including content, product videos, social media and slide shares.
- Support sales leadership, management and front line account executives by owning and delivering the GTM content, product positioning and selling tools and strategies via platforms accessible through browser, mobile app or a CRM integrated solution.
- Contribute to program campaigns that create visibility, establish baseline usage and increase engagement with the Sales organization.
- Track sales by establishing and managing the Enterprise initiative's return on investment based on sales quota attainment correlated to sales representative usage and engagement.
- Expand into new industry markets by partnering with Sales, Marketing Analytics, Analyst Relations and the use of third-party research teams to identify opportunities and adjacencies while using competitive, industry and client intelligence programs and market research.
- Promote the Spectrum Enterprise value story and marketing strategies by working in tandem with Sales leadership.
- Build relationships with industry technology organizations, forums and thought leaders to remain current on leading industry technology trends and developments.
Required keys for success:
- Five or more years of relevant leadership experience building and growing a high performing marketing or product management team larger than two team members.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in product marketing of business-to-business (B2B) for enterprise and strategic clients.
- Experience supporting fiber network, managed and cloud services and solutions in the Enterprise space.
- Knowledge of external markets, clients and internal capabilities to identify key target audiences across multiple decision-maker titles.
- Solid written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to gain buy-in and alignment across sales, product, technical, operations and executive stakeholders.
- Proven collaboration skills within function and across peer stakeholders.
- Product marketing experience, including product launch and promotion, GTM strategy development and execution, product and sales training development, client and market requirements and market research.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Strong analytical skills using business data systems with the ability to develop and interpret data reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Master's degree of business administration (preferred).