Senior Growth Marketing Specialist, Sales Marketing at Thumbtack (Remote)
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
We’re a team of marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Sales, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.About the Role
Thumbtack relies on our stellar sales team to continue to attract the best professionals in their respective industries. But they rely on our sales marketing for a strong pitch that is well-told across all of our touch points to make a pro’s investment with us a no-brainer.Responsibilities
- Develop and execute sales campaigns, including: audience segmentation, creative development, and campaign operations
- Enable the sales team by facilitating trainings and creating new content, such as sales collateral, event advertising, and webinars
- Test channel mix and messaging strategies, share insights with stakeholders and make recommendations to drive improved results
- Provide critical input on the impact of new products and features on our sales marketing funnel, and keep campaigns up to date with our product narrative and value proposition
- Execute on quarterly/annual plans, contribute to the overall roadmap, and recommend additional project or marketing plans to meet goals
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing role, sales marketing experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience creating engaging marketing campaigns and assets through channels such as email marketing, SMS, landing pages, and content strategy
- Strong understanding of email marketing funnels, automation tools, analytics, and A/B testing
- Project management experience and track record of managing cross-functional projects to a successful outcome
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Experience with analyzing data and effectively communicating insights
- Strong ability to build and nurture relationships across the sales and marketing organizations through great communication and organizational skills
- Experience working with small businesses and/or a passion for small businesses and helping them succeed
- Understanding of sales and marketing funnels, analyzing full funnel metrics and forecasting
- Pardot/Salesforce automation experience a major plus
- Vendor management
- Involvement in conference and sales convention planning and execution
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact [email protected].*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.