Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We ideate fast, embrace change, and take risks. As a rapidly growing tech startup, we look for the best talent out there and try to stay out of their way. From scaling our business model to expanding our offerings, the day-to-day at Bestow offers endless professional growth opportunities. The people who succeed here look for problems and solutions. They are both passionate about their ideas and open to having their mind changed.
In the end, we value the same things our customers do: family. So we strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 list. Boom!
As the Senior Email Marketing Manager you will report to our Director of Growth and work directly with members of the marketing team to create, measure and deploy email and SMS campaigns that aim to bring a significant impact to Bestow’s business goals. The ideal candidate is both creative and analytical, detail-oriented, and has significant experience building multi-channel campaigns in a DTC environment. You should be comfortable building audiences, creating customer segmentation, data analytics, and reporting while thinking critically about how to find efficiencies and optimizations in our current processes. A technical understanding of how data flows between systems into an ESP is a major plus.
We ideally would like this person located in Austin, TX, but are open to Remote for the right candidate.
About the Role
- Drive strong performance across automated email and SMS campaigns including retargeting, transactional, acquisition, and on-boarding
- Lead the planning and execution of ongoing campaign optimization efforts through A/B testing creative and messaging, customer segmentation, and audience insights
- Identify new opportunities for automated and personalized lifecycle marketing programs. Brainstorm ways to improve customer experience through cross-channel (email, SMS, chat, etc) campaigns.
- Effectively manage email and SMS campaigns with strong organizational, communication, and coordination skills.
- Ensure high quality and error-free implementation, testing, and QA of all campaigns
- Evaluate emerging technologies, vendors, and industry innovations and provide recommendations for adoption where appropriate
- Own and oversee the customer lifecycle engagement strategy, planning, execution, measurement, and optimization, with a focus on technical enablement of dynamic personalization, segmentation, and event or API triggered communications.
- Master available data sources/data structure within and between Iterable and internal systems to create scalable one-to-one communications and support personalization strategies for all business channels
- Manage Iterable’s database hygiene and optimization; develop/execute strategy for monitoring and improving gaps in data health and accuracy
- 6+ yrs experience in email marketing with a focus on acquisition, engagement, and/or retention in a DTC environment. Subscription, e-commerce or financial services experience is a plus
- Strong analytical ability and high aptitude for testing - managed A/B testing roadmaps, test designs, post results analyses
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record in coordinating multiple projects across various teams
- Expertise in working with large integrated and complex data stacks, collecting, extracting, manipulating, analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing data into insights resulting in clear and concise recommendations
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence audiences across the organization
- Proficiency in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables), Google Analytics, Periscope or similar analytical tool
- Knowledge of industry best practices for marketing automation and email campaign building, plus the ability/desire to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Strong understanding of technical platforms and data integrations - Iterable and Segment a plus
- Strong working knowledge of HTML/CSS for emails
- Competitive salary, bonus & stock options
- Open PTO plan
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual bonus based on individual and company performance
- Generous equity grant based on level
- Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
More Information on Bestow Life Insurance
Bestow Life Insurance operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX and Austin, TX. Bestow Life Insurance was founded in 2016. It has 184 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all jobs at Bestow Life Insurance, click here.
Read Full Job Description