Senior Director, Lifecycle Marketing at Mailchimp (New York City, NY)
People who work for themselves fuel our economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Oftentimes the odds are stacked against them with 50% failing in the first 5 years. Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for these entrepreneurs with a portfolio of solutions from Mailchimp and QuickBooks.
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaigns, CRM, and analytics tools. To accelerate our success, we must re-imagine our direct customer marketing, innovate our customer lifecycle management, and leverage new martech to deliver world-class retention and active use. These are the core responsibilities for the Senior Director of Lifecycle Marketing.
This marketing leadership role is responsible for the strategy and execution of all direct customer marketing efforts, including Email, Push and events, and is an active stakeholder in enabling technologies, including MarTech, Marketing Ops, and customer segmentation. In addition, this leader will strategize, plan, and enable the activation of customers lists and segmentation beyond direct email and push - through marketing channels, product experiences, and customer success.
What you'll do here:
As a business leader,
- Collaborate effectively with other functions in the organization - Design, Product Management, Product Development, Sales and Customer Success - to contribute to and leverage marketing strategies, go-to-market programs, and campaigns.
- Drive experimentation and foster innovation in our marketing, process, and technology
- Be the accountable marketing leader responsible for planning, developing, and implementing all lifecycle marketing communications across Mailchimp on 1 and 3 year horizons.
- Understand and balance customer, business and shareholders needs and cross-functional partnership, collaboration and decision making.
As a people leader,
- Foster a growth mindset environment as you manage and mentor your team of 13 marketers to grow their careers and increase marketing capabilities and rigor
- Inspire employees through clearly communicating an inspiring vision and clear priorities, and setting a high bar to ensure individual and team wins
- Contribute to the creative culture of the marketing team through fostering a highly collaborative/creative environment through facilitative leadership, mentoring/coaching marketers through a balance of inquiry and advocacy, and providing feedback on creative briefs, presentations, and more to help the team grow
- Be a driver for hiring best-in-class awesome talent and continually setting the foundation for a collaborative and passionate team!
As a marketing leader,
- Develop powerful direct marketing programs and campaigns supported by proactive management, clear accountability and on-going measurement against goals
- Collaborate with and manage world-class agency partners to deliver highly effective campaigns with proven efficiency and effectiveness
- Partner closely with other marketing leaders and cross-functional leaders to build highly relevant and coordinated customer communications
- Collaborate with marketing technology and marketing operations leaders to build the next generation of tools and processes
- Represent Intuit’s marketing culture and customer-driven methods inside and outside of Intuit
- Member of the Marketing Leadership team
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a 10+ year track record developing winning direct marketing strategies, with strong customer and lifecycle marketing focus
- You have deep domain expertise in dynamic, triggered notifications, and multi-platform direct customer communications; Braze experience highly desired
- You have proven success driving multi-channel communications at large consumer scale
- You have a track record of driving business growth through retention marketing and re-acquisition via Email, Push, and SMS
- You have a strong data-driven, analytical approach to funnel metrics, measurement and campaign performance
- You have a competitive spirit with a strong bias for action for constant rapid testing, learning and improvement
- You are an outstanding talent magnet who fosters career growth and attracts top talent to a high-performing team
- You have proven ability to operate and influence in cross-functional teams
- you possess strong skills in communication (written, verbal, and visual), influence and collaboration
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.