Public Relations Specialist at Allwyn North America (Chicago, IL)
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
About the Team:
Our Corporate Affairs team develops and implements strategic communications and public relations strategies, tools, and tactics to help raise awareness of the Lottery, build brand strength, promote winner stories, and showcase the Lottery’s contributions to special causes in Illinois. Our goal is to create a personal connection with the people of Illinois. Working as part of a cross-functional team of marketing, social media, and digital communications professionals, Corporate Affairs supports the company’s overarching objective to re-establish the Illinois Lottery as a leading brand within the state.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Public Relations Specialist supports the team’s efforts to remind Illinois residents that the Lottery gives everyone a chance to win but, more importantly, guarantees that they are contributing to the common good. The Public Relations Specialist supports the Corporate Affairs team’s core purpose of being a storyteller for the Lottery. We share the Lottery’s stories with Illinois - about our winners, games, and prizes - and of course our reason for being: to generate essential funding for education and good causes. This person will work effectively cross-functionally to ensure that compelling stories are being shared through earned and owned media channels.
Winners' awareness PR and storytelling
- Help increase win belief statewide
- Conduct outreach and serve as primary contact for Lottery winners and Lottery retailers selling winning tickets to gather and share their winning stories
- Regularly visit the Chicago and Des Plaines prize claim centers to collect winner stories and encourage photo assets to share via owned channels
- Develop and implement PR plans to support brand building around the Lottery’s central promise of ‘fun games, create winners, and support special causes’ in Illinois
Promote the Illinois Lottery brand
- Support the PR team to breathe life into the Illinois Lottery brand through the development of innovative consumer PR initiatives.
- Help to promote the Lottery’s role in generating funding for education and other good causes, as required.
- Help to significantly increase the brand presence of the Illinois Lottery through earned and owned media.
- Proactively pitch members of the news media to place winner stories and other stories about the Lottery’s contributions to good causes.
- Serve as liaison to Lottery Claim Center managers throughout the State to maximize winner PR opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the development of integrated communication campaigns to support business objectives and act as the key PR contact on projects.
Media monitoring and website
- Produce weekly media reports and ensure media lists are maintained and kept up-to-date
- Provide simple media analysis to support internal reporting requirements (monthly governance reports.
- Maintain and regularly refresh a library of creative assets (imagery, video, animations etc.) to support storytelling opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
- Two-plus years of previous experience in a similar communications or public relations role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- PR agency experience is a plus but not required
- Media monitoring experience preferred (Cision or Meltwater)
- Ability to manage multi-stakeholder projects while delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, flexible, self-reliant, problem solver, results-oriented.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that are committed to powering possibilities—for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination, we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of Do good, Be accountable, Stay connected, Keep improving, and Spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: We drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity, and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.