Public Relations Manager at Cerebral (Remote)
At Cerebral, we’re on a mission to improve access to high-quality mental health care. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves to get the care they need, and are striving to make care convenient and accessible, while tackling the stigmas that surround mental illness.
Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from a team of 5 to over 4,000 across the United States. With support from investors like SoftBank, Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, WestCap, and others, and impactful leaders like you, we’ll continue to democratize mental health care and double down on clinical quality and deliver exceptional patient outcomes for years to come. With a heavy focus on clinical quality and safety in all that we do, we’ve accomplished excellent patient outcomes:
- 82% of patients report an improvement in their anxiety symptoms after using Cerebral.
- 75% of patients who report improvement in their depression see improvement within 60 days.
- 50% of patients who initially report suicidal ideation no longer harbor suicidal thoughts after treatment with Cerebral.
This is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we won’t stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality evidence-based mental health care without high costs and/or long wait times. We’re looking for mission-driven leaders who share these values, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining a positive company image, both offline and online. In this key position, the PR manager will help us develop and communicate the Cerebral story, shaping the way we are perceived by key audiences in the US. This is a cross-functional role that requires working closely with the CEO’s office, B2B/Commercial team, Communications, and Marketing. As a core member, you will oversee media relations and communication activities — including public and media relations, analyst relations, investor relations, client relations, and social media communications on behalf of the organization and executives. The ideal candidate will have experience developing and organizing marketing activities to increase awareness, cultivating interest, and improving a brand’s reputation. This person will be responsible for managing and executing a high-impact PR program that delivers measurable results.
Who you are
- 4+ years of PR/Communications experience, with experience in agency and/or in-house roles -- preferably at a healthcare organization
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated track record with both internal communications and B2B PR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and make things happen
- Tech-savvy with a strong online presence on one or more social networks
- Self-directed strategic thinker capable of making an impact quickly
- Detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure
- Manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently
How your skills and passion will come to life at Cerebral:
- Write, edit and distribute press releases, articles, media materials, and statements with clarity to support communication objectives.
- Drive day-to-day internal and external communications and measure results.
- Keep employees up to date about the company’s vision, goals, projects, and updates by leading and executing strategic internal and executive communications programs
- Develop and manage relationships with reporters in leading publications and specific verticals/audiences.
- Execute a communications strategy to help build awareness, brand, and thought leadership for Cerebral.
- Collaborate with marketing team members and other internal stakeholders to drive the maximum impact of results.
- Support media training and speaker/event preparation.
- Develop talking points for leadership and employees, as required
- Manage communication around a range of corporate and crisis situations, as required
- Prepare periodic reports with recommendations, trends, and campaign results for leadership
Who we are (our company values):
- Client-first focus - Relentless focus on improving client experience & the quality of care
- Results and data-driven - Reach goals by making data-led decisions with measurable results
- Ownership - Accountable for hitting our goals & delivering on commitments
- High velocity - Strong bias for action, enabling us to quickly adapt & win in a fast-changing market
- Mission-driven experimentation - Iteratively experiment with new ideas, products, & services to help advance our mission
- Lead with empathy - Demonstrate the same level of compassion for one another as we show for our clients
- Deep, hands-on leadership - Leaders stay connected to the details of their operations & believe no task is beneath them
What we offer:
- Mission-driven impact:
- Shape the future of the #1 largest and fastest growing online mental health care company in the world
- Build a platform that is improving the lives and well-being of hundreds of thousands of people (and counting)
- Join a community of high achievers who have a passion for promoting mental health
- Path to develop & grow:
- Bi-annual performance reviews & opportunities for promotions - as Cerebral grows, so should you. We build your goals together and forge a career path that is right for you
- Remote-first model: Work virtually from anywhere in the US
- Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Total compensation includes equity/stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k provided to all employees
- Unlimited PTO - we encourage taking the time you need to relax and recharge
- Top-tier wellness benefits and perks, including bi-quarterly mental health days (8 per year), No-Meeting-Wednesdays, holistic monthly wellness stipend, and access to on-demand health & wellness content
- $200 WFH reimbursement
- Culture & connectivity:
- Virtual social events (e.g., happy hours) enable us to build a sense of community and connect on a more personal level
- Monthly peer-to-peer recognition allowance via Bonusly allows team members to reward one another for values-aligned contributions
- Optional in-person company retreats provide an opportunity to augment team-building and celebrate our successes together
Cerebral is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.