Public Relations Account Manager at Matter (Pittsburgh, PA)
Public Relations Account Manager - Pittsburgh, PA
Matter is an independent and thriving brand elevation agency unifying PR, social media, creative services, search marketing and digital marketing. From fast growth startups to established brands, we work with clients across diverse industries, including technology, consumer and professional services. We immerse ourselves in our clients’ worlds so that we can develop and execute strategic, content-rich campaigns that inspire action and build value through measurable results.
As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained focus on building and nurturing an inclusive, team-oriented and creative environment because we know that when we tap into our collective brainpower we come up with inspired solutions for our clients and because it makes for a happy place to work. We work with people we like and can learn from, making our jobs a positive aspect of a balanced life. At Matter, we prioritize employee diversity, equity and inclusion and value everyone’s unique story. We’re proud of the many awards that we’ve garnered as a Top Place to Work and as a Top Agency in the US, but we’re equally as proud of the many organizations that we’ve helped through our agency-wide volunteer initiative. If you’re the kind of professional that takes their work seriously, but also doesn’t take themselves too seriously, this could be the place to grow your career.
We’re currently looking for a creative, results-focused Account Manager with tech PR experience to join our team in our Pittsburgh office who will take a lead role in managing client PR programs through traditional and social media channels. Here’s a mix of what you’ll be doing day to day:
- Develop and execute a broad range of proactive PR and social media strategies/programs for assigned clients, identifying opportunities to build clients’ visibility in media outlets (print, broadcast, radio, blogs, other social media) that reach their targeted consumers and business communities
- Develop and implement public relation activities including new product introductions, product reviews, analyst relations, awards and speaker’ bureau opportunities
- Become an expert on your clients’ business and the competitive landscape. Provide strategic recommendations and creative ideas for clients on an ongoing basis; proactively identifies and addresses clients’ needs
- Ensure the account team is effectively executing on the client’s program, meeting defined deliverables, and delivering excellent client service
- Build strong client relations at senior levels, identifies and troubleshoots issues and challenges as they relate to client satisfaction and overall program success
- Manage account teams in the execution of all programs and assume accountability for meeting all program deliverables. Act as mentor and coach for team members, taking an active role in their professional development
- Manage budget and allocation of staff resources
- Actively participate in new business: Identifies opportunities to upsell and grow the account; brings in new business opportunities through own network, experience and meet established revenue goals; generates new business pitch decks with strategic, creative thinking; contributes meaningfully to RFPs; and plays a key role in a new business meeting and/or messaging and positioning session
Along with creativity, drive and self-motivation, your previous experience and attributes will include:
- 6+ years’ experience in b2b tech public relations (previous agency experience required and PR experience in other areas, b2c tech, healthcare, professional services, is also highly desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple clients as well as manage multiple junior team members.
- Ability to conceive and oversee the implementation of overall communication programs as well as targeted product launches, announcements, strategies, message development and corporate positioning
- A demonstrated track record of leading successful, measurable PR and social media programs for multiple clients
- A desire to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, team-oriented environment with the ability to manage multiple clients simultaneously
- A creative and results-oriented approach to all work that is produced
- Strong writing skills with demonstrated experience creating messaging/positioning, press releases, blog posts, byline articles, etc.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant business experience
Matter provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.