ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager who can collaborate closely with Product, Marketing and Sales to bring effective solutions to market and build the positioning that drives adoption. This position will build our go-to-market strategies, socialize them internally and execute them to meet business objectives.
What you'll do:
- Lead go-to-market strategies inclusive of pricing, naming, positioning, packaging, and selling of our existing product suite and new products/features that will be developed.
- Create concise, easy to understand messages and assets.
- Own internal communication of product launches to ensure consistent messaging across all partner-facing teams.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the market, our competitors and their offerings and document for internal stakeholders. Use this to create compelling positioning and reason to believe in ezCater.
- Partner with Product Managers to bring new products and features to market that solve customer pain points and strengthen our position in the market.
- Provide enablement tools and support to our sales teams to enhance their conversations. Work with Brand and Creative to build customer-facing decks, 1-pagers and other collateral, and develop case studies.
- Develop a deep understanding of our current and potential target customers — their pain points, their needs — and learn to speak their language.
- Be data-driven and use this to strengthen our positioning.
- Have 4–6 years of Product Marketing experience with 1–2 years of B2C or B2B SaaS experience. Restaurant technology experience is a plus.
- Appreciate analysis as much as creativity. You can connect the dots and communicate effectively. You’ll use both sides of your brain every day and wear many hats. You should be comfortable context switching.
- Be customer obsessed. You’ll learn everything there is to know about the needs of our catering partners and customers and figure out how to best communicate our value to them.
- Have experience in competitive and industry research and use that knowledge to create compelling positioning strategies for your products.
- Know how to “just figure things out” and invent whatever idea or approach could accomplish our objectives.
- Be excellent at communicating in multiple formats - short, long, written, video.
- Be kind, adaptable, and intellectually curious.
Salary Range: $114,000-$143,000.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.