Never before has the higher education industry experienced so much change. On the heels of the pandemic, colleges and universities are taking a closer look at how they can continue to drive educational return-on-investment for their students. How institutions attract, convert and retain a diverse student population is critical to get right. That's where Unibuddy comes in.
Unibuddy is on a mission to empower students to make the right decisions throughout their higher education journey. Institutions who adopt our unique peer-to-peer platform are able to connect prospective students with current students and staff through one-on-one chat, communities, live events and more. In this way, Unibuddy extends and amplifies the institution's voice to support recruitment, admissions and retention efforts.
Unibuddy has experienced explosive growth since launching in 2017. We now work with over 450 higher ed institutions in 35 countries worldwide. We’ve raised over $33M from top-tier investors that will fuel our expansion and help us achieve our ambitious goal of empowering 10 million students to make the right choices in their higher ed journey.🧗🏾♂️ Your Mission
As a Product Marketer here at Unibuddy you will play a key role in partnering with sales, product, customer success, and other specialities in marketing to drive our go-to-market strategy and initiatives in the US.
We are still new in the US region so this role will be pivotal in shaping what the go-to-market strategy looks like and how to execute on it. The role is key to supporting product launches from beginning to end, and creating marketing and engagement plans to ensure ongoing success and adoption of our products.👩🏻🔧 On a day to day basis you will…
- Work closely with our product, marketing, sales and customer success teams to build and execute GTM strategies for existing and new product solutions
- Develop value-based messaging and positioning that communicates how Unibuddy solves our target audience problems and bring the story to life through collateral such as web content, use cases, videos, presentations, and more
- Collaborate with product management, bringing key market, buyer, and competitive insights to help inform the product roadmap
- Develop product positioning and value propositions specific to the US
- Enable all Unibuddy teams (particularly sales and customer success) with the training and tools to be successful including pitch decks, product demos, use cases, and battle cards
- Maintain a US specific higher ed calendar to ensure our launch and marketing strategy aligns with key dates in the cycle
- Lead the pricing strategy for the US by working closely with commercial teams, customers and prospective customers
- Maintain strong cross-team communication and performance reporting
- Experience in B2B SaaS-based software
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Higher-ed experience not essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, product and commercial teams
- A global mindset; you will be working closely with team members across our UK, Bangalore and APAC offices
- Proactive and driven to solve problems and find innovative solutions
- Autonomous and can work independently
- Strong project and time management skills
- High energy, drive and passion for our products and seeing success in market
- Comfortable with uncertainty and needing to pivot when strategy changes
- Can embrace a challenge
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.🎁 What's on offer
- Competitive Salary plus stock options.
- 25 days of PTO plus 4 additional days for the Christmas break and national holidays.
- Family friendly policy. Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Latest MacBook or PC. Monitor for your home is also provided.
- Home working setup. If you need a desk, chair, headphones or keyboard & mouse we have you covered with our generous budget of $400.
- Learning & development budget of $1000 for books, conferences, courses, or any other ways you like to learn! With time in your working week dedicated to development activities.
- Flexible working hours because life happens!
- Bi-annual 360 performance reviews. Provide and receive extensive feedback from your manager and peers to enable your career progression.
- Socials. Team, office and company-wide get togethers (or virtual!) on us happen on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis respectively.
- Highly flexible work culture with 20% - 60% of your time in the New York office.
- Health insurance for you, and contributions for your family. Dental and vision optional.
- 401(K) matched (employee 5%, employer 3%).
- Fully stocked WeWork office in a lively Manhattan neighborhood.
- Employee assistance program.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bike and car parking facilities.
Location: Preferably based in or near New York/Toronto given our growth imperative in North America, but willing to consider candidates based in or near London as well
Great! Please send a CV and supporting statement which outlines why you would like to work with Unibuddy, and why you are well suited to this role. As well as a link to your portfolio to showcase your skills!
Not ready to apply or have some questions? Then please get in touch with the talent team at [email protected]
We receive a lot of applications and as a small team we are unable to give individual feedback on each application.
Unibuddy is an equal opportunity employer. We're actively looking to increase the diversity of our buddies across the company and we encourage people to apply from minority groups.
🛂Please note that Unibuddy does not sponsor visas for this role.