Product Marketing Manager / Senior Manager at Hippo Insurance
Title: Product Marketing Manager / Sr. Manager
Location: Palo Alto, CA; Oakland, CA, Austin, TX
Reporting to: Director, Growth Product Marketing
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager / Sr Manager to help develop and accelerate our product innovation efforts. Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing for Growth, this high-profile individual will be responsible for shaping and launching new products and services with the goal of driving revenue, user growth, and customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will possess well-honed analytical and creative skills and be able to tackle complex business and marketing challenges in a fast paced, cross-functional environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Run experiments and launch pilots to inform the innovation lifecycle: from idea to GA release of successful products or services
- Build models and measurement frameworks to inform business decisions at every point in the innovation process
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset; create and execute thoughtful recommendations and action plans that ladder to overarching business objectives
- Partner with Customer Insights & Analytics teams to generate break-through quantitative, qualitative, and competitive insights. Critically, you will translate these insights into actionable plans that deliver consumer value on multiple levels
- Develop strong product positioning and clear narratives that communicate differentiated value and drive product adoption and engagement.
- Drive go-to-market plans while working closely with cross-functional teams to determine effective launch and communications strategies
- 5+ years of marketing experience launching & scaling consumer brands, products or services, with a track record of growing scope and influence
- Experience in product marketing at a fast-growing tech company
- Demonstrated success earning the trust of stakeholders and leading cross-functional initiatives
- Experience in hands-on data analysis to drive both tactical and strategic recommendations
- Excellent project management skills; thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high level of autonomy
- MBA or similar experience
Nice to Haves:
- Strategy consulting experience
- Experience managing partner relations or partner marketing
- Smart home, consumer electronics, and/or property tech experience is a plus
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts
- Flexible Paid Time Off - Uncapped PTO policy
- Hippo Habitat - Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits and parking passes. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all! In Austin, our beautiful, historic offices are located downtown, at the corner of 6th & Congress.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.