Product Marketing Manager (Ad Tech) at GumGum
GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for product commercialization and sales enablement efforts to ensure the successful launch and competitive positioning of GumGum’s products globally. This role is responsible for understanding clients needs and communicating our value proposition to prospective and current clients and partners. This role is a key contributor to our product and industry training programs, as well as the development of marketing materials. The PMM collaborates with cross-functional teams including, but not limited to Sales, Operations, Product, and Marketing teams, to drive commercial success through data-driven analysis and marketplace intelligence, customer-centric messaging, and creative problem-solving.
Please note, GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and MN.
- Product Commercialization
- Work closely with the Head of Product Marketing to build and execute go-to-market plans for new products and offerings
- Be an expert in GumGum’s value proposition, product offerings, and competitive landscape
- Collect the voice of the customer (VOC) and ensure that client feedback is represented across all levels at GumGum
- Define buyer personas, their pain points, and criteria, and transfer knowledge to Product and Sales
- Partner with broader marketing, product, sales, and customer teams to analyze market feedback and competitive intelligence globally to keep GumGum up-to-date with market trends and keep us ahead of the competition
- Collaborate with broader marketing team to create compelling thought leadership content and integrated marketing campaigns to drive product adoption and conversion
- Product and Industry training programs
- Collaborate with multiple departments to develop and maintain internal training materials and sales collateral
- Deliver product and industry training to client facing teams
- Support media and analyst relations, and speaking engagement efforts— including speaker presentations, scripts and panel topic discussions, and routine, ongoing analyst updates.
- Marketing Materials for our sales organization
- Develop compelling messaging and positioning for products that translate to one-sheets, decks, FAQs, and more
- Develop and distribute monthly newsletters
- Develop tailored product offering materials for key advertiser industry verticals and seasonal events
- Develop case studies from successful campaigns and ensure that they are updated on a regular basis
- Support product marketing requests across multiple departments
- BA/BS degree required, MBA or advanced degree a plus
- 3+ years of product marketing experience in advertising technology/media - also open to advanced Custom Success experience
- Experience building and executing marketing and go-to-market plans and campaigns
- A highly developed Project Management capability that relies on well executed organization and relies on a strong influencing ability
- Good time-management skills
- Excellent storyteller; knowledge of how to build a story and produce great content
- Strong technical/product acumen, able to translate complicated concepts and capabilities in a simple, clear, and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written, naturally curious, asks great questions
- Ability to influence and motivate colleagues across a distributed and cross-functional team setup
- The ability to execute engaging and educational presentations
- An engaging and compelling public speaker
- An eye for detail
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum